PDA

View Full Version : Why ski Whiteface?

Greg
12-22-2005, 04:14 PM
I've never skied Whiteface. :oops: As I'm from Connecticut, why should I make the trip over to da Face versus somewhere in Northern Vermont when the drive time will be the same?

Disclaimer: I'm really only posting this to get a discussion going. In actuality, I can't wait to try Whiteface someday as it looks like a sick hill. However, you guys must get this question a lot....

highpeaksdrifter
12-22-2005, 04:18 PM
3200 feet of Vert.
No crowds - EVER
great expert terrain
Trees
Da Slides
Laid back local attitude
Lake Placid
It's in the beautiful High Peaks of the ADKs

redalienx11
12-22-2005, 06:29 PM
It's in the beautiful High Peaks of the ADKs

That's just about reson enough for me.There is something about unloading on the summit chair on a sunny day above the clouds that brings me back. I think the picture speaks for itself. This was in October when I skied the toll road. 8)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d70/redalienx11/9170.jpg

highpeaksdrifter
12-22-2005, 06:37 PM
That's just about reson enough for me.There is something about unloading on the summit chair on a sunny day above the clouds that brings me back. I think the picture speaks for itself. This was in October when I skied the toll road. 8)

Now ya see everybody, redalien gets it. Look me up next time your at WF Red, we'll take a couple of runs and have some beers. :D

mattchuck2
12-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Whiteface is Great.

You should ski it simply because you've never skied it before. Where's your sense of Adventure?!?!?

If you do decide to go, Hit it in March, when the Slides are most likely to be open and the Crowds are even lighter than they normally are (which is pretty light to begin with).

kcyanks1
12-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Large vertical per-run and limited crowds would be the biggest reasons to me. The terrain can be good, but they just don't get the snow that central-norther VT gets, making it less likely everything good will be open.

Son of Drifter
12-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Large vertical per-run and limited crowds would be the biggest reasons to me. The terrain can be good, but they just don't get the snow that central-norther VT gets, making it less likely everything good will be open.

Lies. Stop with the lies. :twisted: Da Face is getting hit with mad snow this year. All will be open. But ski the greenies if you want. More snow for the NY riders. 8)

Phineas
12-27-2005, 12:10 PM
I like whiteface for the good food at the mid lodge and the nice people in the lift lines. The skiing is great too!