PDA

View Full Version : What time?

Lbtchnlgs
11-23-2007, 07:04 AM
I'm sitting on my computer right now, its 7:00 and I'm waiting for my brother to arrive so we can head up to whiteface for opening day. Its a solid 1.5-2 hr drive. I can't stand not being at the mountain for first lift. This is absolutely killing me :x

What kind of people are you, do you have to be there by first chair or can you show up at the mountain at 10:30 and be content? I think that his is one of my pet peeves.

Harvey44
11-23-2007, 07:17 AM
When solo I arrive at Gore around 7:45. You never know when they might start the Gondi early.

Not makin the face today but will be at Gore tomorrow.

Have fun today!

HudsonHiker
11-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Ski Bus arrives at 7:21 we get to the parking lot at 7:55 put our boots on dawdle around and get the gondola as it first opens or if it’s not to windy I’d rather ride the triple to the saddle gets you used to the weather and clears the head for the first run. We stay until it gets scritchy and crowded. Happy Thanksgiving

11-24-2007, 12:28 AM
I got first gondola last year at Gore. All for Topridge, but it was coming off a very shortened '05 season due to many knee injuries, so it was more of a moral accomplishment that anything else.

However, early season getting there at 10 is fine. Sleep in, make a lunch, drive up, ski for the day, head out at 2.

Mid-season and storms. First chair, last one to leave, lunch is in your pockets. Go hard.

Pick and choose your days to be the hardcore-gnarkill guy.

adksara
11-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Ski Bus arrives at 7:21 we get to the parking lot at 7:55 put our boots on dawdle around and get the gondola as it first opens or if it’s not to windy I’d rather ride the triple to the saddle gets you used to the weather and clears the head for the first run. We stay until it gets scritchy and crowded. Happy Thanksgiving

Yup that's my "ski bus" he's riding in :D My mom kicks him out of the house for the day and he gets to come play with me and my husband on the mountain! With a quick ride from GF we're there early and sometimes up at the summit early... which is especially nice when they have gondola trouble (like last year) and noone is around for hours! :)

See you on the mountain!