PDA

View Full Version : what- no report

jimmer
11-24-2007, 06:38 PM
just got home from work, turned on the computor to find out how the day was ,and nothing,nada, zero,zilch not one TR from today, so i guess no one was there, i thought i was the only one that didnt make it. so i called my buddy to find out and he said, well im not gonna tell ya what he said, cause i gotta work again tomorrow, and im totally bummed. work sucks :cry:

rossi
11-24-2007, 09:44 PM
it was awesome in the AM. topridge had some good coverage, towards the end it got pretty bumped and in a few spots pretty slick. they opened up ruby run to sunway at 1030-11. there were guns all the way down sunway (starting where the gondi crosses) and quicksliver and jamboree. a few guns were pretty wet, while others were blowing needles. ha. they turned some of the guns off around 1 and put a couple fans on lower sunway. started blowing pineknot pretty early in the day. umm, what else, i think thats about it. i would say a pretty good opening day all around.

rossi
11-25-2007, 10:00 PM
today was another good day. everything was groomed out. the guns were still going on pineknot and a few were going on tannery. jamboree also had guns going on the top. topridge was awesome all day, only a couple slick spots here and there. ruby run, well, cant say much about that, pretty much went straight, ha. sunway was very nice as well. quicksilver was good early on, but got bumbed and icey in spots, so you had to watch out. jamboree, not much to say there, other than good. the crowd wasnt to bad either. food prices, still ridiculous. haha.

Harvey44
11-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Jimmer - here's my report for what it is worth. Was unable to post before now - we don't have internet access in our camp.

We skied both days. Yesterday, I was BUSTING to ski and dragged CB and our daughter Neve to the mountain real early. Turns out Neve is really on my side. She wakes up way early, like 5:30, so it's easier to get CB up. It was 6 degrees when I started the coffee.

When we got up to the mountain we were excited to see the clouds rising from Topridge. Do you guys drive way to fast up the Gore road? I almost drove off the road, craning to look toward the blowing guns.

We were on the 10th Gondi or so. Carolyn couldn't quite grasp the idea of two lifts for one trail. They had guns all the way up and Topridge and it was great dry manmade. We skied under the guns enjoying the turns, but CBs face got cold fast. She "downloaded" for the first time in her career...to go back down for a scarf. I ripped a few more runs on Topridge freezing my face and not giving the slight bit of a damn.

By the time CB made it back up they'd opened up Ruby/Sunway/QS. It seems like they regraded Ruby...you could easily make it to the saddle...Sunway was deluxe and Qsilver was sketchy at the bottom. By the end of the day, it seemed like they should have shut the guns down at the bottom...it was getting a bit wet.

Best run of the weekend was my first run this morning. TRidge wasn't open when I got to the top (family slept in)...so I hit Ruby....SAILING between the groomed-over snow making whales. It was SO carvy.

Ok so not much of a trip report, but really there wasn't much open. I have to say conditions were great, and hardly anyone was there. I missed ya Jimmer.

Adk Keith
11-26-2007, 08:24 AM
I was up for a few runs on Sunday. Quite amazed at the good conditions. Got some of the kinks out of the new boots. Topridge was great and RR, Sunway, quicksilver is such a better way to open the lower mt. than Wild Air.

jimmer
11-26-2007, 01:05 PM
thanks for the report guys, they allmost made me fell as if i was there,allmost. were so far behind at work i dont know when ill be able to get out,maybe this weekend, thanks again-needle on needles. 8)