PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday's report

Lbtchnlgs
11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Woke up at 8:05 decided to go snowboarding. Took my time, got to the parking lot about about 9:50. There was probably 20 cars total in the lot (including workers). Put my boots on and walked towards the gondi, still not having seen one person come down the hill.

Got of the gondola and decided to start a few runs down ruby ect... because I figured the snow was softer down low. Did a few runs, made a couple binding adjustments. Ruby was frozen but once you hit Sunway the snow was very soft and enjoyable. A few brown patches here and there, many whales to get some air off. After about 5 runs i decided to take a shot at topridge. The top made me VERY skeptical, sheer ice. Once you got to the headwall it was the best i've seen topridge in a long time, though i usually steer clear of it because i don't usually like the conditions on it. Great soft snow all the way down. There was maybe 5 of us using the trail, each run you had the trail all to yourself. Rode top ridge for about an hour then ate lunch. After lunch I did top ridge a few more times then called it a day around 2:15. By that time it was getting cold and topridge was stiffening up.

It was a great day, conditions were awesome! I passed 2 people on the trails all day.

Get out there!