PDA

View Full Version : Monday's report

Lbtchnlgs
12-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Woke up to rain. Woke up to about an inch of sh*t on the ground at exit 11.

Left here about 6 40, get to the mtn at 8:00. First cabin up. Topridge, was great all day with some great untoched powder for the first few runs. Pine Knot held up best all day, the top was great, if there were any slick spots there was enough wind to fill them in.

The snow was a little slow, not wet, just a bit slow so ruby run->sunway was a pain just as it always was, one of the times I went i cut that hairpin corner and ended up in a ditch with a nice dose of rocks :? Good coverage down there, no surprise.

They opened up showcase->lower sleigh->3b->stokes ect... at about 11:00?

Showcase had some nice whales, but it was so wet and sticky you had to focus on not flipping onto your face. Lower Sleigh. was great but once you got down under the gondi line it was real hard the rest of the way down. Needless to say after one run down that I stayed as far away as possible from the run.

Great day out there, not too cold, snowed all day but nothing to hinder visibility. Topridge chair had some difficulties for a while because snow was hitting a sensor the the bull wheel so we experienced frequent stops for about 25 minutes. Two deer decided to set up camp about 2:00 minutes up on the right, it's always great to see wildlife.

It's looking like a great season

jimmer
12-03-2007, 04:58 PM
nice, i think ill chime in with my report, as it was my first day out this year. i too left my house with rain this morning but it changed to snow about warnsburg, not nearly as much as they had predicted,but it was still good,
the mt looked awsome,covered in white, started on pineknot for our first 3 or4 runs, couple of inches on a fresh groom,very nice,went to top ridge that was allso good, by then the gang was together and we needed an adventure,took headwaters work road over to headwaters, they had blown some snow over there and it was really good, some of the boys went to cave glades and said it was ok,but these guys are way better than i in the woods, allthough me and one of my buds did ski[well tried to ski] the killkare glades- dont do it it sucked, that trail is so over grown itll need a lot more snow. went down ruby run[not my favorite, rather ski fairview any day] to sunway witch i thought was reall good.didnt ski showcase or slieghride as we herd they wernt that good, but everything else was, imo- real good.

all in all it was a great day so much so- ill be back for more tomorrow. id say the mt has done a pretty good job so far, and if it stays cold they should be opening more stuff soon. so you better get out there and get it.

8) jimmer

mattchuck2
12-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Two deer decided to set up camp about 2:00 minutes up on the right, it's always great to see wildlife.

Ha! I think I saw those same deer on the Topridge Chair on Saturday. Nice.

I'm a little disappointed that Gore didn't get the amount of snow that other areas got (I heard 14" at Sugarbush). I was hoping they'd have the top open by this coming weekend. Still, though, GREAT snowmaking temps coming up. Once they're done with Twister and Showcase, I hope they go up to Headwaters and Hawkeye (instead of going to Wild Air - nobody likes that trail anyway). I guess there's still hope for this weekend, but if not, the top should definitely be open for the weekend of the 15th and 16th. And that would be sweet . . epecially considering the start we got last year.

Lbtchnlgs
12-03-2007, 05:56 PM
I saw that people went into killkare- In my head i wished them the best but knew that it probably wasn't a great idea. I was going to cut down thru the cave glades and take headwaters because well, i saw that people had been doing it- decided i'll wait for the next storm before hitting the woods, i spent way to much on my board this year to be mean to it this early in the season

Glad you had a good day jimmer- maybe i'll see ya tomorrow

Harvey44
12-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Great to hear that you boys are back on the hill - especially Jimmer. I KNOW J has been JONESIN.

Can't believe folks went into Killkare -that wasn't even open after the Valentines Day massacre.

Going to try to get up this weekend - Fri/Sat for days 3 and 4.

Harv

jimmer
12-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Great to hear that you boys are back on the hill - especially Jimmer. I KNOW J has been JONESIN.

Can't believe folks went into Killkare -that wasn't even open after the Valentines Day massacre.

Going to try to get up this weekend - Fri/Sat for days 3 and 4.

Harv
yea killkare was bad ,its usally pretty decent, but its covered with little pines that were at least waist high and the whippers were higher than that,it needs a good thinning fer sure.i dont think we linked two turns together at all, the only positive was that we didnt take our skiis off, but like my buddy said it was good training,[yea right]
8)