PDA

View Full Version : Mobil 2 for 1 discounts

wondertrev
12-05-2007, 03:52 PM
The Mobil 2 for 1 discounts are going again this year.
Mobil covers most places in Vermont except for Stowe and Stratton, as well as most NY resorts ( incl. Whiteface and Gore).
It also includes some Mass. areas, incl. Jiminy
You pick up the brochure at a participating Mobil (wife got hers in Alburgh) and buy 5 gal. and you get a stamp. With 3 receipts and stamps, you get a "twofer" coupon. In Plattsburgh, the Mobil at Rt. 3 and Smithfield stamps, but doesn't have the flyers yet. The same goes for Champlain.

Many Mobils in the Albany area are participating, as are the 2 in Malone.

highpeaksdrifter
12-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Good stuff, thanks for the heads up.

asland
12-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I love discounts but would not suggest anyone shop at Exxon/Mobil gas. Their environmental record has always, is currently, and will be for the foreseeable future atrocious. As a skiier we love winter and the environemnt. Exxon/Mobil does not.

asland

NPN
12-06-2007, 09:12 PM
[quote="asland"]I love discounts but would not suggest anyone shop at Exxon/Mobil gas. Their environmental record has always, is currently, and will be for the foreseeable future atrocious. As a skiier we love winter and the environemnt. Exxon/Mobil does not.

asland[/quote

Here, here.

wondertrev
12-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Speaking as a former consultant to the energy industry, I can assure you that Exxon/Mobil is no worse than any other oil producer. If you go to the hellhole that is Houston, you'll see all the refineries side by side, all with same pollution regulations demanded by the eco-hippies that won't let us build wind-turbines in Vermont or nuclear plants anywhere.
It's fine if you want to turn your shopping into a political statement. As for me, I'll pass on buying gas from Citgo (owned by Hugo Chavez's Venezuala) or Lukoil (Putin's Russia). Both are much greater polluters, and are tools of dictatorships. If you really think the environment is in trouble, assuage your guilt by donating to the Sierra Club or Ducks Unlimited.

As for me, I hope lots of skiers take the Mobil discounts, drive their families to go skiing, and have a great time!

BTW, it's 'hear, hear', not 'here, here.' It is an abbreviation for "hear, all ye good people, hear what this brilliant and eloquent speaker has to say!"
You're confusing a verb with a preposition.

asland
12-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Speaking as a frequent traveler to Alaska I can assure you that Exxon Mobil is by far the worst of the oil companies. I have seen first-hand the havok to plants, animals, and people's way of life that their infamous oil spill has created. These effects can still be seen today. Worse, Exxon/Mobil has still not paid their full portion of the clean up.

In other areas,

They make huge donations to the republican party (over 90% of their political contributions went to the republicans) who use this money to fund their drill in anwar initiatives.

No one spreads more misinformation about greenhouse gases and global warming.

The list goes on and on...

So, as a member of this consumer society I am trying to make small differences. I ride my bike to work, eat locally raised food, am a vegetarian, and boycott exxon/mobil as well as many other things. I am trying to make small differences to help out.

Also, you need to check your fats on the vt wind turbines. Unless you call Republican Governor Jim Douglas an eco-hippy the block to wind turbines is not environmentalists it is the vermont republicans.

So, instead of using Exxon/Mobil to get discounts to ski these other ways:

Price Chopper Pass Books
$124 Big Mountain Passbook,
(featuring three passes* each good for an all-day lift ticket at Okemo, Whiteface, Smuggler's Notch or Mount Snow.)
or-
$104 all-day lift ticket at Gore Mountain, Belleayre Mountain, Mount Sunapee, Ski Sundown, Windham Mountain or Jiminy Peak
http://www2.pricechopper.com/orderform/skipass.shtml

Ski Vermont Pass
Ski any Vermont mountain.
Ski only one time at each mountain.
$125 for 3 card
$200 for 5 card

liftopia
http://www.liftopia.com/
I got a $35 ticket to whiteface.

Craigslist tickets - keyword: ski

Working Advantage - Employee Discount Program
does your company belong?
http://www.workingadvantage.com/prod...2246.485208361

Costco
Costco sells whiteface and other tickets
http://www.costco.com/Common/Search....rch&lang=en-US

Check out the web sites. Lots of midweek deals.

Here's one that has a few decent coupons from time to time.
http://skicoupons.com/

Mad River Glen- Mad Card for 3 days + discounts for $119 (until Dec 15th)http://www.madriverglen.com/?Page=price.php#mad

WildCat - Wild Card 3 for $118 (until Dec 21st)
http://www.skiwildcat.com/wilddeals.html

Jay Peak- with $25 passport, 5 tickets for $45 + 6th free (anytime)
http://www.jaypeakresort.com/en/jay_peak/297/

Best Ski Weather subscription deal - $169 4 tickets to Jay Peak, Wildcat... + weather reports throughout whole ski season. Pretty cool deal.
http://www.bestskiweather.com/subscribe.php

http://www.discountlifttickets.net
Listed by state, not sure everything is fully up to date. But a good place to look.

asland
[/url]

tjf67
12-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Speaking as a frequent traveler to Alaska I can assure you that Exxon Mobil is by far the worst of the oil companies. I have seen first-hand the havok to plants, animals, and people's way of life that their infamous oil spill has created. These effects can still be seen today. Worse, Exxon/Mobil has still not paid their full portion of the clean up.

I was up in Alaska in about 1995 and the Valdez dissaster was barely noticable. It was amazing how fast the ecosystem bounced back. Dont they give every resident like 2500 bucks per year.

I am not sticking up for them but arn't you going a little over board. Are you on the ADK council?

wondertrev
12-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Actually, Jim Douglas is not that far from an eco-hippy. He's hardly in the GOP mainstream. So a few birds get killed by the turbines. I just have fewer to shoot at.

As for the Valdez accident, wasn't the that fault of human error? I hardly think the folks at Exxon Mobil sat in the boardroom and thought, "Hey, lets kill some seabirds! It'll be a gas!" (pun intended) And most scientists not on the Greenpeace/Sierra Club bandwagon say nature did a much better job of cleaning the mess up than all the fools wiping up rocks with paper towels.

Seriously, visit the oil fields in the old Soviet Union and walk around. My boots were ruined by all the oil soaked into the ground. I've never seen that at a modern US wellhead. The Russian fields are outdated, but still running, and they make US operations look like the cleanliness of an operating room. Don't get me started on the PetroChina refineries....

As for me, I fueled up today, and I'm taking those discounts, taking my truck (with the optional larger engine and the NRA sticker), and speeding over to VT to ski for a little variety, especially when the NYC and NJ crowds hit Whiteface. I hope I see lots of big gas-guzzling SUVs in the lot disgorging lots of kids to go ski. The more gas they use, the more my friends and family in Texas make from their oil and gas leases. So you see, I'm pretty much counteracting all your efforts.

That's gotta be depressing. All that work and sacrifice of yours shot to hell by one lone Republican.

mattchuck2
12-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Actually, Jim Douglas is not that far from an eco-hippy. He's hardly in the GOP mainstream. So a few birds get killed by the turbines. I just have fewer to shoot at.

As for the Valdez accident, wasn't the that fault of human error? I hardly think the folks at Exxon Mobil sat in the boardroom and thought, "Hey, lets kill some seabirds! It'll be a gas!" (pun intended) And most scientists not on the Greenpeace/Sierra Club bandwagon say nature did a much better job of cleaning the mess up than all the fools wiping up rocks with paper towels.

Seriously, visit the oil fields in the old Soviet Union and walk around. My boots were ruined by all the oil soaked into the ground. I've never seen that at a modern US wellhead. The Russian fields are outdated, but still running, and they make US operations look like the cleanliness of an operating room. Don't get me started on the PetroChina refineries....

As for me, I fueled up today, and I'm taking those discounts, taking my truck (with the optional larger engine and the NRA sticker), and speeding over to VT to ski for a little variety, especially when the NYC and NJ crowds hit Whiteface. I hope I see lots of big gas-guzzling SUVs in the lot disgorging lots of kids to go ski. The more gas they use, the more my friends and family in Texas make from their oil and gas leases. So you see, I'm pretty much counteracting all your efforts.

That's gotta be depressing. All that work and sacrifice of yours shot to hell by one lone Republican.

Haha!! That's hilarious!!

I may not agree with what you say, buddy, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it! :-D

asland
12-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Mattchuck2, Valdez Alaska does look beautiful and so does Cordova but both are still realing from the after effects of exxon valdez. Fishing stocks of salmon are down tremendously and the fishing industry has been hit hard in that area. The fish was a huge source of food for other wildlife which is greatly depleted. There are still big problems there. The shame is that Exxon/ Mobil still have not completed their agreement of the cleanup and reimbursement of lost business.

Wondtrev, I love the way you excuse this poor behavior by saying there is worse behavior in other parts of the world. that's classic.

I'm done with this conversation because obviously we're entrenched in our ways.

I am going to get out skiing!

highpeaksdrifter
12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm done with this conversation because obviously we're entrenched in our ways.

I am going to get out skiing!

Now you're talkin, no one is going to change anyone's eco-political views by flaming in a ski forum.

wondertrev
12-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Damn straight. Now go to Mobil and get some 2 for 1 lift tickets. Ski 'til your legs collapse.

BTW, I'm not excusing any company's behavior. I'm just saying this is as good as it gets. You want energy, you pay the price. Lord knows I'd never choose to live next to a refinery (but if I did, it would be an American one).

Screw the wildlife. Like I need a damn bear. If they can't get salmon, they'll eat something else or die. That's the way nature works.
As for humans, there's plenty of farm-raised salmon in the world. You can drive down to the store in your gold-plated Yukon with pimp-wheels, and take it home to grill with propane, and have it with some asparagus trucked in from Central America, and you can wake up and drink some coffee flown in from whatever region of the world you prefer, and then drive the Yukon to your favorite ski resort, and unload your boots and skis (made from plastics derived from oil), and go to your condo heated with Texas oil and gas, and have a gay old time.

Face it folks, you can ride your bike all you want, but pious proselytizing and bad spelling("As a skiier we love winter and the environemnt." "both are still realing") won't change reality. Man, I wish they taught logic and spelling in the publik skoolz.

asland
12-07-2007, 07:43 PM
wondtrev,

you're a fucking asshole.

asland

wondertrev
12-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Damn, I thought you were done with this conversation.
The publik skoolz really need to work on that spelling. Now they're teaching people to spell with asterisks.

Once again, I'm amazed that the peace, love and kumbaya crowd reacts to logic with threats, profanity, etc... Reminds me of dealing with jr. high students. Face it Toby, you got spanked, and people know it. Maybe you and NPN can get a group rate on therapy sessions.

Since this is a ski thread, let me remind folks that eeeeevil Mobil/Exxon has 2 for 1 list passes if you know where to look. Just watch out for crazed eco-hippies in the parking lot. They'll probably avoid you if you have an NRA sticker on your Yukon, though. :lol:

asland
12-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Wondertrev,

As far as getting spanked goes, I'm not so sure about that. let's review.
1. you've called me out big time on my spelling. You got me there. +1 for wondertrev.
2. You've referred to me as a toby - some kind of racial slur or something. If it is you've really sunk to a new low. -1 for wondertrev.
3. You're proud of your gun toting suv. So are about a thousand other north country folk. No points for you.
4. You callously refer to the destruction of our environment with laughs and giggles. -1 for wondertrev
5. You “used” to work for the oil industry got sent to a bunch of crappy oil fields and then got canned. Even those snakes don't like you. -1 for wondertrev
6. You let all the vermonters "eco-hippies" know which truck you drive, what sticker is on it, an where you'll be heading tomorrow. Not smart. -1 for wondertrev.

Face it wondertrev. You called yourself out and now everyone knows what a looser you are. Wait, a good speller (nerd) but a wicked looser.

wondertrev
12-07-2007, 11:16 PM
God damn, I thought you were done with this. Isn't this a ski thread about discounts?
Don't you have locally-grown turnips to dig or something? I thought this was a ski thread, not a bitch-fest.

12 years in the publick skools, and ya still don't know the difference between 'looser' and 'loser'?

As for your other remarks:

I hated the FT and travel consulting work, but loved the salary. What made you think I got canned? Let's not project your own insecurities onto others, shall we? However, I went back to teaching college when we had kiddos. That's hardly a minus. I get to ski while others are stuck in the office. I have a month off at Christmas to ski.. HAHAHAHAHA! And I still have $$$ in the bank.
How is 'Toby' a racial slur? I think it's a funny name. See "The Office" if you're confused.
As for the eco-hippies knowing what truck I drive, so what? Most of them are perfectly polite, though misguided. And I love Vermont and New Hampshire's concealed carry laws if I encounter an especially rabid member of the tie-dye crowd. Most of the Phish followers aren't stupid enough to fool with another man's ride. What are they gonna do--smear tofu on my windshield? They do that and they'll be hungry at lunch. Bad Hippie! No chile-fries for you.
As for my SUV, it isn't. It's a truck. Please read carefully. I realize the pooblik skoolz don't teach that anymore, so we'll let that slide. I never specified the truck I drive.
The other car is a Volvo S60. Would you like the plate number?

Face it Toby,

you're pissed because I spanked your idea about being the ultimate eco-hippie, and everyday I do my thing I nullify your self-abnegating efforts to save a tree. Like I said, that must be depressing. And like I said you would, you responded to this idea like a pre-teen. I looooove your notion that those that are competent with the English language are 'nerds.' I'd love to compare GRE scores and income tax returns. And college scorecards, if ya know what I mean.

Like I said earlier:
"Once again, I'm amazed that the peace, love and kumbaya crowd reacts to logic with threats, profanity, etc...

Since this is a ski thread, let me remind folks that eeeeevil Mobil/Exxon has 2 for 1 list passes if you know where to look. " :lol:

asland
12-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Dear Professor Wondertrev,

Although your Clinton community college teaching job sounds like a wonderful gig it’s obviously not doing it for you. You’re nothing more than a common Cyber bully.

I mean take off your bow tie and round glasses and enjoy talking to people on a ski blog
rather than wielding your red pen to correct spelling and grammar
rather than throwing out empty threats about packing heat
rather than bragging about your sky high GRE scores and income.

As for me being upset about you driving a truck and ruining my ecotopian plans. Again, you are not that special. Every other hick is packing heat and driving their truck too. Your time is limited though and a change is in the air. Come on professor wondertrev, sing it with me. Koombya my lord, koombyaaaaa.

as far as getting laid goes. I had my fair share of sorority chicks as well. Speaking of hairy arm pits though nothing like the french girls on top whispering sweet nothings to you in that beautiful language. Sorry you missed out.

wondertrev
12-08-2007, 08:54 AM
You're STILL here? I thought you said you were done.

Ahhh well, you bore me. Begone, peasant. I hope the therapy sessions go well.

Remember folks, that's 2 for 1 lift tickets at eeeevil Mobil!

Just watch out for hippies foaming at the mouth.....

SKIdds
12-08-2007, 09:50 AM
While watching the tete-a-tete has been kind of fun and you've both had a couple of good quips (sorry asland, wondertrev is about +5 in that category......that, and you really did let him bait you, falling for it hook, line, and stinker ;)) but I think it's time to go back to your respective corners. No, I'm not the law (moderator) around here, but maybe you should call a truce before you venture out of PG-13 land. Remember, there are greater powers that allow this site to exist, and your little soiree isn't exactly what they want to see, I don't think. Do you?

Hey, not a day above freezing in the 15 day. You gotta like that. I think I'll go get some gas at Mobil and start working toward that discount. BTW, thanks for that comprehensive list of discounts asland. Pretty cool.

jimmer
12-08-2007, 04:37 PM
id love to be there if these two ever meet face to face, who do ya think would win then?

Lbtchnlgs
12-08-2007, 05:06 PM
I wish we had more emoticons

wondertrev
12-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Just got my first certificate from eeeevil Mobil today. It's good at most resorts listed almost anytime except holiday weeks and President's weekend. Not good at Whiteface on Sat., but that's usually the busiest day anyway, so no big loss. Gore is odd in that the certificate is only good on Tuesdays. Of course, I have a pass to both so it's a moot point anyway.
Don't know yet if both tickets have to be used same day or not.
Will update when I give it a try in VT. Don't know whether to hit Smuggs with the kiddo, or head over to Sugarbush or Okemo first.

elgringo
12-09-2007, 10:56 AM
I haven't seen a beat-down that 1 sided since the Patriots played the Bills