PDA

View Full Version : Demo days

NPN
12-05-2007, 08:46 PM
At the risk of making Adirondackskier's life more difficult, I'd like to know if anyone has heard anything about alpine demo days at Whiteface this season? I know HPC is doing a tele demo, but that doesn't do much for me. And, since the Big Bore ( my typically solid back up source ) has decided to schedule theirs mid-week, I'm feeling a bit anxious on the subject. I really hope I'm wrong, but I sense another Whiteface demo day trainwreck coming down the tracks.

Weez
12-05-2007, 09:40 PM
What exactly is a demo day? when they sell used and leftover ski equipment?

jimmer
12-05-2007, 09:47 PM

its where the mt brings out there new flavors of ice cream,and you try them all and tell them witch flavor you like best, you do this while blindfolded,so theres no peeking.

NPN
12-05-2007, 10:00 PM

It's an event where a number of ski manufacturers ( usually Volkl, Rossignol, Head, Atomic, Fischer, and sometimes Nordica ) send their demo vans filled with the season's latest/greatest so the general public can sample ski the product line.

Nice opportunity for those of us who refuse to buy before we try.

skigolfhunt
12-06-2007, 06:30 AM
At the risk of making Adirondackskier's life more difficult, I'd like to know if anyone has heard anything about alpine demo days at Whiteface this season?...

Jan 5th

NPN
12-06-2007, 09:08 PM
At the risk of making Adirondackskier's life more difficult, I'd like to know if anyone has heard anything about alpine demo days at Whiteface this season?...

Jan 5th

Very nice, thanks!

Weez
12-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the info