PDA

View Full Version : Friday and Saturday- 12/7 & 8

Harvey44
12-08-2007, 10:31 PM
The mountain was great this weekend.

First the gripes...NO TELEY GEAR at the demo. Total BS. And SOMETHING must have been wrong with the snoblo equipment as all morning on Friday when it was 15 degrees....they weren't blowing squat. Then in the PM it warmed to upper twenties and the guns went on. I didn't get that.

With the natural snow on the ground you could really see the new trail on Burnt Ridge from Showcase on Friday...it looked like they had kept it up on top of the cliff above Twister glades pretty good. Closer inspection today, from Twister, made it look like there was carnage to the lower part of the glade. Any body (jimmer?) know if they'll clear the trees out of the new trail sides so you could drop in? Right now it looks like there is no way to get into the glade from the new trail with all the slash and lumber around.

Other issues... what is up with the Gondi...major problems with it today. Hope that's temporary.

Pick of the day on Friday was Pine Knot...skiers right was loaded with loose fresh snow. Friday was a day for rippin the sides.

TODAY.... I did laps, laps, laps on Pine Knot....I was Jonesin for Hawkeye and the Quad was having issues. Didn't open until...not sure when, my watch broke. I got probably the 5th chair up Straightbrook and Hawkeye was awesome..hard as hell...on teles no less. It was a major blast. Buried whales, "powder." mank, crust, hardpack. It was a killing field, and surprisingly good until the shade turned the manky parts into death cookies. My legs are whopped.

When Twister opened it was ok, not great....needed more farming.

Jimmer...post a pic so we can hookup sometime.

What a day - peace out.

Harv

jimmer
12-09-2007, 03:41 PM
The mountain was great this weekend.

First the gripes...NO TELEY GEAR at the demo. Total BS. And SOMETHING must have been wrong with the snoblo equipment as all morning on Friday when it was 15 degrees....they weren't blowing squat. Then in the PM it warmed to upper twenties and the guns went on. I didn't get that.

With the natural snow on the ground you could really see the new trail on Burnt Ridge from Showcase on Friday...it looked like they had kept it up on top of the cliff above Twister glades pretty good. Closer inspection today, from Twister, made it look like there was carnage to the lower part of the glade. Any body (jimmer?) know if they'll clear the trees out of the new trail sides so you could drop in? Right now it looks like there is no way to get into the glade from the new trail with all the slash and lumber around.

Other issues... what is up with the Gondi...major problems with it today. Hope that's temporary.

Pick of the day on Friday was Pine Knot...skiers right was loaded with loose fresh snow. Friday was a day for rippin the sides.

TODAY.... I did laps, laps, laps on Pine Knot....I was Jonesin for Hawkeye and the Quad was having issues. Didn't open until...not sure when, my watch broke. I got probably the 5th chair up Straightbrook and Hawkeye was awesome..hard as hell...on teles no less. It was a major blast. Buried whales, "powder." mank, crust, hardpack. It was a killing field, and surprisingly good until the shade turned the manky parts into death cookies. My legs are whopped.

When Twister opened it was ok, not great....needed more farming.

Jimmer...post a pic so we can hookup sometime.

What a day - peace out.

Harv

i dont know how to post a pic, only have a few that someone sent me,dont know if they will work or not,i dont have a digital camera.
good to see ya got out this weekend ,the skiing was pretty good.