PDA

View Full Version : Conditions

Harvey44
12-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Ok I admit it. I can't figure out from the WF site... how much snow fell overnight, what is the surface condition, how much is open. I found that audio clip that tells me what a good time some girl had yesterday and that the sky was blue. Someone please enlighten me, I know it's there somewhere.

Jay Peak is the best...Type Jay Peak into Google, click on the top result...and the name of the page that comes up is "6 inches of snow overnight" and it's today's info at 7am. Now that's a website.

Quinn the Eskimo
12-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Goto WF home page. Click on conditons on the right. Click on trail map. Once trail map comes up goto to toolbar on top. Click on snow report and you will recieve the info you are looking for.

The mountain is claiming 4 inches from this recent snow storm. It was snowing nicely from 5:00- 10:00pm then it turned to freezing rain. In Wilimington, there is a little over an inch of very wet snow underneath a thin ice lense.

tjf67
12-12-2007, 09:42 AM
In lake placid we got about 3 to 5 inches off heavy wet snow.

elgringo
12-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I also find the WF approach more difficult/confusing than it needs to be. What about those folks who don't visit the site as frequently as locals and passholders?

Harvey44
12-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I guess I'm just too dim to figure it out. I see "conditions" on the left, not right. When I click trail map I can click a "printable map" or a "zoomable map." Neither seem to tell me about the 4 inches, or have a toolbar on top.

Ok...I found it by using the SEARCH feature...searching on Snow Report. Never mind. :)

You'd think that info would be on the home page or at least one click from there. I mean what do you really want when you go to a ski resorts site? How is the skiing today.

Thanks all.

skigolfhunt
12-12-2007, 10:36 AM
call the snow phone toll free 1-877-ski-face. They give the weather, conditions, ect up front then market whats happening.

elgringo
12-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

ssface
12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
You can create a shortcut to the WF snow report on your desktop,....

URL :http://prance.com/iprance/whiteface/snowreport.asp, and then it will be 1 click for you all winter long..

Cheers!