PDA

View Full Version : Kelly O's... ideas for the menu?!!

adksara
12-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Nice article in the Post Star yesterday about the gals who are reopening Casey's as Kelly O's. Sounds like they're doing some small changes to decor - adding a few new things to the menu... all good.

The article didn't note an opening date though (although on a great side note 30 people full/part time are employed!)

If anyone goes soon post up a food report would'ya?! :)

Keep the cheer,
ADKSara

* Edited the Subject line 'cause Casey's is past... and hey the ladies of Kelly O's are keeping an eye on this thread and are asking for menu suggestions!!! Take 'em up on the offer and post what you'd like to see...

Oh and St. Jerry - don't know about the free beer & wings - you can keep hoping though :lol:

megatron
12-14-2007, 03:05 PM
They opened yesterday. I have not heard about the food yet, but I will trying the Miller Lite in about an hour, so i will post my thoughts!

Lbtchnlgs
12-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Came very close to stopping in on my way home from the mountain today.

PS- mountain was nice today. Chatimac was sort of scary, but once it's groomed it'll be nice

adkskier
12-15-2007, 04:26 PM
A bit different from Casey's. the menu offers about 8 appetizers and then dinners beginning around $18-. Everyone was flipping the menu over looking for lighter fare such as sandwiches, salads and burgers. Right now they think that this is the way that they want to go. Many customers think that they're missing some key items. The apps that we had were good and the service was attentive, but it seems as if they'll need to grow into their menu offerings.

jimmer
12-15-2007, 07:21 PM
what no bacon-blu cheese burger?DAMM. :shock:

megatron
12-16-2007, 01:02 PM
I fell your pain Jimmer. I stopped in to listen to Richie Ortiz last night, and the scuttle was that the lighter fare menu will be added in addition to the dinner menu. I do not know when it will start, but I think they are listening :D .
The miller lites are delicious!!

C

kellyo's
12-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Thank you all for your positive feed back! Promise, we want nothing more than to make you happy.. Please feel free to stop in, have a bite to eat, a drink, and give us some ideas and opinions. Bacon bluecheese burger..... done deal... I might have to have one myself... Looking forward to reading your comments. Be safe on the slopes, and come see us :D

Harvey44
12-18-2007, 11:34 AM
WOW now THAT'S customer service!

kellyo's
12-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Hello again, wanted you all to know we now have pub fare, so come get your heart stopper....... I mean bacon blue cheese. Thanks for the input , anything else you can think of let us know. Also frist person to bring me a snowmobile map of the trails that I am told are right there, give you a beer on me!!!! Look forward to reading your comments!!!!

adkskier
12-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Since you asked, it would be great to see UBU (Lake Placid Brewing) and something from Cooper's Cave on tap. Both are superior to Davidson's. :roll:

jimmer
12-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Thank you all for your positive feed back! Promise, we want nothing more than to make you happy.. Please feel free to stop in, have a bite to eat, a drink, and give us some ideas and opinions. Bacon bluecheese burger..... done deal... I might have to have one myself... Looking forward to reading your comments. Be safe on the slopes, and come see us :D

yippee :D

jimmer
12-18-2007, 04:19 PM
first we should wellcome kellyos, to the site,and its very cool for them to post and give us a heads up as to whats going on,and ask for some input,i think these gals will do very well,and i will be stopping for my bbcb soon.so again wellcome kellyos,and thanks.

big jim

St. Jerry
12-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Do you plan on offering any free beer and wing nights? I think this would get a lot of us interested in visiting. Thanks.

Buella79
12-18-2007, 07:39 PM
I just got home from skiing powder all day and on the way home stopped and got a strip steak... Med rare.... it was great!! Cooked AWESOME!!! My belly is happy!!! :lol: I will be stopping in again...

skimore
12-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Do you plan on offering any free beer and wing nights? I think this would get a lot of us interested in visiting. Thanks.

You've got to be kidding. I don't know of any place that has a free beer and wing night?

St. Jerry
12-18-2007, 09:04 PM

You've got to be kidding. I don't know of any place that has a free beer and wing night?

I think it's a great idea. It will get a lot of people interested in the place. I suggest Saturday nights in January and February for starters.

By the way, all the really cool bars in NYC are doing it. They should too, if they want to be cool.

skimore
12-18-2007, 09:14 PM

I think it's a great idea. It will get a lot of people interested in the place. I suggest Saturday nights in January and February for starters.

By the way, all the really cool bars in NYC are doing it. They should too, if they want to be cool.

sounds like a good business plan....cater to people not interested in coming unless it's free

NPN
12-18-2007, 09:58 PM

sounds like a good business plan....cater to people not interested in coming unless it's free

The occasional freebie can deliver great word of mouth payoff.

NPN
12-19-2007, 10:35 PM
p.s.- Kelly, are you buyin' into any of this freebie sh*t?

St. Jerry
12-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Another thing that would be great is if they offered some kind of sleeping accommodations for those of us who have had too much of the free beer. Maybe set up some cots in back we could crash on? I really think that would help attract a lot of business and keep the customers safe and happy. "A safe customer is a happy customer is a repeat customer" or so they say.

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to get some sort of transportation to the mountain the next morning? That way they would be sure of getting repeat business becuase we would also use that transportation to get back to the bar that afternoon.

With all of the turnover in North Creek businesses of late, I think it's important that the new owners take seriously these types of suggestions. Please consider, thanks.

$0.02

megatron
12-20-2007, 12:04 PM
"Another thing that would be great is if they offered some kind of sleeping accommodations for those of us who have had too much of the free beer. Maybe set up some cots in back we could crash on? I really think that would help attract a lot of business and keep the customers safe and happy. "A safe customer is a happy customer is a repeat customer" or so they say.

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to get some sort of transportation to the mountain the next morning? That way they would be sure of getting repeat business becuase we would also use that transportation to get back to the bar that afternoon.

With all of the turnover in North Creek businesses of late, I think it's important that the new owners take seriously these types of suggestions. Please consider, thanks. "

I do believe I hear the Big K calling your name.

C

adksara
12-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Hello again, wanted you all to know we now have pub fare, so come get your heart stopper....... I mean bacon blue cheese. Thanks for the input , anything else you can think of let us know. Also frist person to bring me a snowmobile map of the trails that I am told are right there, give you a beer on me!!!! Look forward to reading your comments!!!!

:) Thanks so much for keeping an eye out for postings and helpful hints... I'm all for pub fare - and good hearty food - nothing fancy - just 'stick-to-your-ribs' good skiing energy food.

Do you have a baked macaroni dish? I had one a ways back up at Sunday River in ME and with lots of cheeses (a mix of four or five I think) good pasta with that baked crusty edge & top... mmmmmmmmmmmm... Now that and a good beer I'd be a happy girl!

Keep the cheer and thanks.
ADKSara

jimmer
12-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Another thing that would be great is if they offered some kind of sleeping accommodations for those of us who have had too much of the free beer. Maybe set up some cots in back we could crash on? I really think that would help attract a lot of business and keep the customers safe and happy. "A safe customer is a happy customer is a repeat customer" or so they say.

With all of the turnover in North Creek businesses of late, I think it's important that the new owners take seriously these types of suggestions. Please consider, thanks.

$0.02
yea ,you might want them to help you get dreesed,cut up your food,whipe your chin,burp ya and change your diaper while there at it.all for free of coarse.

St. Jerry
12-21-2007, 10:00 AM
No, I'm just saying that these ideas really would help create some serious positive buzz. I think most people would be more than willing to help chip in for gas for the ride to the mountain and back, so that would be a win-win for everyone.

Also, if they could help set up some type of discounted ticket promotion, that would be great too. Something like 2-for-1 ticket deals for those who end up staying for the weekend. That would be fantastic!

Never underestimate the power of positive word of mouth!