PDA

View Full Version : Powder

oneotwoandcounting
12-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Did you ski yesterday? To quote a Mountain Notable, "It was awesome."

Can't ski today due to a swollen, "surgical knee." My Doc says no powder but we all have our withdrawal limits. Tomorrow is another day and there should still be some powder on "TM, i.e. The Mountain." Find your own private stash. "TM," how lazy can you get? Saving energy for skiing and cutting down on typing.

highpeaksdrifter
12-17-2007, 10:40 AM

Can't ski today due to a swollen, "surgical knee." My Doc says no powder but we all have our withdrawal limits. Tomorrow is another day and there should still be some powder on "TM, i.e. The Mountain." Find your own private stash. "TM," how lazy can you get? Saving energy for skiing and cutting down on typing.

It sure was awesome. I was about the 12th person down Mt. Run and had knee deep fresh in front of me the whole way down. My favorite run of the day was Lower Sky. Went in with a group from the upper traverse around 10:30 and still had untracked to the Yellow Dot enterance. Empire skied great also.

I was on my way over this morning when I got the word most of the lifts where on wind hold. I'll have to wait till Sat. now, but it was a great weekend.

Face4Me
12-17-2007, 12:20 PM

It sure was awesome. I was about the 12th person down Mt. Run and had knee deep fresh in front of me the whole way down. My favorite run of the day was Lower Sky. Went in with a group from the upper traverse around 10:30 and still had untracked to the Yellow Dot enterance. Empire skied great also.

I was on my way over this morning when I got the word most of the lifts where on wind hold. I'll have to wait till Sat. now, but it was a great weekend.

Sounds like I missed a great day ... oh well ... hopefully there will be others!!!

Do you think there's any chance of Skyward opening for next weekend?

oneotwoandcounting
12-17-2007, 12:22 PM

I was on my way over this morning when I got the word most of the lifts where on wind hold. I'll have to wait till Sat. now, but it was a great weekend.[/quote]

The wind is the enemy of skiing, fishing, a lot of boating, biking, etc. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get a chance to ski today. I'll be heading over tomorrow and hoping to find some powder. I am an, "old ski bum'," so I get t ski when most can't. I'm not, "rubbing it in," I hope. It took a lot of hard work to become an, "old ski bum."