PDA

View Full Version : Great day

Lbtchnlgs
12-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Actually, I didn't have classes today, and I like mondays. But it just sounds good- right?

Taking a nap after a day of untracked thigh deep shredding. I could see Gore from where I was. Thought I saw Jimmer from a distance, but I guess I was wrong seeing as the lifts weren't turning.

Bitter sweet day: After not scraping anything all day, I took a pretty deep shot on my last run down, enough to make me fall. I was scared to look when I got down to my vehicle, I actually haven't even looked closely yet, all I know is that it isn't all the way thru.
Earn those turns, it pays off. I can barley walk. Sorry no good pics, all I had was a camera phone

Good to know there will be some pretty stashes to ruin tomorrow at Gore.

Ah, the good things in life :lol: 8)

(sorry for the vulgarity Greg)

mattchuck2
12-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah . . today was rough.

I went up looking to score some nice pow with nobody there, but the Gondi and the Triple were closed (wind). So I did a couple of stashes off the double, and then notched a sick first descent on the lower part of the new trail coming down from Burnt Ridge (too flat for snow that deep). Left early though (11:00) and it looked like they were trying to get the Gondi up for the afternoon (I just didn't feel like waiting).

Sunday, however, was AWESOME. So many stashes, so little time. They left me and about 25-30 other people to ride the top of the mountain while the triple and gondi were closed due to ice. Felt sorry for the people at the bottom for about 10 seconds . . . Only thing was, you kinda had to stay in the woods, because if you skied the trails, there's be a layer of ice on your goggles within 45 seconds through which you could only make out shapes and colors. That was okay with me, though, The Cave was in great shape.

Lbtchnlgs
12-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah I called them at about Noon thinking that maybe I would take the 20 minute drive for a few lift servecid runs. The lady said the cabins were running, but nobody was going up yet. I took one more run and after the hike up there was no f'n way I was going to do more snowboarding today.

Were there a lot of people hiking the new trails?

mattchuck2
12-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Just me and my buddy's tracks on there @ around 10:30 . . .

I think people just kind of gave up today and they'll take all the freshies up top tomorrow.

skimore
12-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Was up in the new cut area both yesterday and today. What a shame they destroyed some of the best tree skiing on the lower half of the mountain to put in more of the same type of lame ass trails that already exists down there. Whats the point?