PDA

View Full Version : ski bowl

jimmer
12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
to open friday,all im going to say is that chair lift sure would have looked nice hanging on the dark side.

adksara
12-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Hmmmm... if that chair was on the Dark Side would it have reached the summit???

I wonder...

mattchuck2
12-17-2007, 08:12 PM
No way.

Keep the double on the dark side. I like the fact that it's slow . . . keeps people from destroying the trails underneath. It's also kind of historical . . . like the castlerock double at Sugarbush.

But I would like to see them extend it back to its original configuration so that it lets you off on the top of Rumor.

NPN
12-17-2007, 08:17 PM
When they open that spot for night skiing/riding do pass holders have to ante up, or is it part of the season pass privilages?

jimmer
12-17-2007, 09:31 PM
No way.

Keep the double on the dark side. I like the fact that it's slow . . . keeps people from destroying the trails underneath. It's also kind of historical . . . like the castlerock double at Sugarbush.

But I would like to see them extend it back to its original configuration so that it lets you off on the top of Rumor.

well said,but that chair is prone to breakdown,and with a new lift that area might be open more,its a pain in the arse to walk out of there all the time.

adkskier
12-17-2007, 09:48 PM
The Ski Bowl will be part of Gore and therefore included in tickets and season's passes. The tubing park is still not included for some reason.

Harvey44
12-17-2007, 09:53 PM
DARK SIDE! DARK SIDE! DARK SIDE! DARK SIDE!

LOVE the dark side.

Love the creaky old chair.

I feel like Mr Steilhang and I are a coupla crotchey old farts. Hangin together.

jimmer
12-25-2007, 02:53 PM
took a ride down to the ski bowl on sat afternoon there were two people skiing there,rode up the lift[no skis]just plainclothes, looks ok,the half pipe was a joke though,sure hope it gets used more or what a waste of $$ that would have been.any one else been or skied there yet?

mattchuck2
12-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Haven't gone down there yet . . How do you mean the halfpipe was a joke? Maybe it just wasn't shaped yet? I heard it's supposed to have 12 foot walls when it's finished.

Also, I wouldn't expect many people in it yet. I'll check it out this weekend . . . I'm sure there'll be some people there with the holiday and all . . .

MidnightCarving
12-28-2007, 04:27 PM
i was there last week, only maybe 5-6 people besides me and 2 friends, they dont have much setup yet, all they have is a battleship rail and a split rail, but the pipe is pretty weak, 12ft walls is definitely not the case, they need to blow some serious snow on that to make it good. The rest of the place is about how you'd expect, its a quick run, but its kinda nice, they really need to add in a kicker or two, and blow some snow on that pipe, then it would be a cool place to go after hours.

jimmer
12-28-2007, 05:32 PM
yea i stoped by yesterday 2:30 only 2 boarders using the lift,all though i did hear they get a better crowd after dark.there were alot of people using the tubbing park.

megatron
12-29-2007, 01:01 PM
My son has been at Gore and the Ski Bowl all week. His sentiments regarding the halfpipe are that it sucks right now, but the rest of it is pretty coll, especially being able to use it at night. I have been told by some Gore officials that they will start to use the pipe dragon when they make snow on the pipe. There are also a few more features, such as fun boxes, and others that are going to arrive later this week. As with all things GORDA, patience is a must! :roll:

C