PDA

View Full Version : lots o people

jimmer
12-28-2007, 05:44 PM
man the hill was crowded today,cars were parked down the access road all the way to employes p-lot.ya should have seen the ticket line at about 10:00,i dont get it, get there late pay 66 bucks to ski,brake for lunch quit early head to the bar and think thats fun.differnt strokes i guess,if i saw that many peps when i pulled in i would of turned around and went fishin,btw i was there at 7:45 and skied till 3:15.

the skiing was ok ,got a little scraped as the day went by,but we found enough out of the way stuff to make it nice,takin sat&sun off be back monday,

have a happy new year

8) jimmer

mattchuck2
12-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Same thing today and yesterday . . .

I saw people showing up at 12:30 . . . Weird.

The snow wasn't even that good. Plus the amount of people on the trails made it pretty dangerous. I wasn't really concerned about myself, I was just concerned about everyone else on the mountain.

Harvey44
12-30-2007, 07:11 PM
I saw a girl coming out of rentals, getting in line at the Gondi, at 3pm. (!)

NPN
12-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Saw a NYSEF kid get knee-capped by some out of control snowboarder on lower Chati today followed by his idiot friend on blades running into the same.

They seemed to be spouting some form of random Jersey-isms to the Patroler in explanation as to why the downhill skier didn't have right of way before I left.

That's all I needed to call it a day, and head directly to the Tannery ( thank God it ends tomorrow ).

I do understand the need for tourist dollars, but fearing for my life at the hands of Holiday chowderheads does seem to put a damper on the day.

Anyway HNY!!!

Harvey44
12-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Does it really end tomorrow?

Looks like the fun is starting.

jimmer
01-01-2008, 06:48 PM
finaly there gone,at least till sat.

mrtree
01-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Anybody skiing amongst the crowds today?

How's the sliding in the new snow?

Trying to decide if I should hit Gore tomorrow or backcountry.

Buella79
01-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I would like to share what I experienced today... I have NEVER seen soo many numb-nuts at Gore mountain in my life. To start my day.. gettin' loose goin' down Pine brooke to get on straightbrook chair and right in front of me 2 dudes collide and smash at the bottom of the quad where the snow lips up...1st accident..

Next, coming out of Cave and this other dude falls and can't get up.... not moving...needs patrol..2nd accident..

Going down cloud to the saddle and this Dad with his 3 kids are across the entire trail...we all go around until one of the kids starts moving and my friend practically takes the kids legs off... totally the Dads fault.... CORRAL YOUR F'IN KIDS!!!!!.. :shock:

Finally.. Chicks face smashed in at the bottom of the triple...all banged up :cry:

I have never seen so many people skiing in jeans and not having a clue...I could not believe the amount of people there today...

So many NUMB-NUTS...

BigAirJay
01-06-2008, 08:14 PM
I saw a little kid get whipped out by a snowboarder right under the adirondack express today. That was probably the worst thing I have ever seen in my life. I was thinking too my self that the little guy and mom were stopped in a bad spot, about 10 feet down the last steep spot on showcase, then out of nowhere a snowboard came flying down and clobbered the kid before anyone else on the lift could say anything. Everyone just screamed to a partoller near by, as the mother screamed her lungs out. I felt terrible later on when I saw patrol still working on him about 20 minutes later.

I get incredibly scared skiing days like this, and holiday breaks. Just wayy to many people on the mountain at a time. Wouldn't be as bad if people were respectable and atleast some what safe acting.

Harvey44
01-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Wow - glad I missed it!