PDA

View Full Version : Who's Skiing MLK weekend

kerovick
01-04-2008, 11:53 AM
I'll be up from MD that weekend and the plan is to ski the 19th, 21st, 23rd and the 25th. I'm really looking forward to exploring this mountain! I've been there twice so far, the first time Excelsior was the only slope open. The second time Excelsior and mountain run were open so there is alot of terrain I haven't skiied. Any recommendations? I have to admit to getting pretty stoked at this point. 2 weeks to go!!

Hope to see ya'll on the slopes!

highpeaksdrifter
01-04-2008, 02:09 PM
My favorites are Upper Cloudspin on the big mountain.
Off Little WF I really like Upper and Lower Mac.

patman
01-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Touch on all of them... each has its own flavor.

Face4Me
01-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I'll be up from MD that weekend and the plan is to ski the 19th, 21st, 23rd and the 25th. I'm really looking forward to exploring this mountain! I've been there twice so far, the first time Excelsior was the only slope open. The second time Excelsior and mountain run were open so there is alot of terrain I haven't skiied. Any recommendations? I have to admit to getting pretty stoked at this point. 2 weeks to go!!

Hope to see ya'll on the slopes!
If you're skiing on the 19th, you're definitely going to want to ski over to the Wilderness trail to watch the World Cup Freestyle Skiers on the moguls course ... If you've never seen this in person, you won't want to miss it!!!

kerovick
01-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I'll be sure to do that, I definitlly need some inspiration in the mogul fields!

Weez
01-05-2008, 11:00 PM
I'll be there skiing the 19th, 20th and 21st. Cant wait!!!

Skier 4 Life
01-06-2008, 08:42 PM
If you're skiing on the 19th, you're definitely going to want to ski over to the Wilderness trail to watch the World Cup Freestyle Skiers on the moguls course ... If you've never seen this in person, you won't want to miss it!!!

FYI, the mogul comp is only on Friday, 1/18 and Sun, 1/20 on the Wilderness trail. The aerial comp (at the ski jumps) is on Sat, 1/19. Check out the following link for more info... and I hope you can make it on the 18th or 20th instead!

http://www.orda.org/newsite/events/worldcups/200708/freestyle/index.php

Face4Me
01-07-2008, 09:21 AM

FYI, the mogul comp is only on Friday, 1/18 and Sun, 1/20 on the Wilderness trail. The aerial comp (at the ski jumps) is on Sat, 1/19. Check out the following link for more info... and I hope you can make it on the 18th or 20th instead!

http://www.orda.org/newsite/events/worldcups/200708/freestyle/index.php
:oops: Oops ... Thanks for the correction!!!

snowman
01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
The Meathead film is supposed to be shown at "Whiteface Resort - location TBA" on Fri 1/18 7:00.
The aerials at the ski jump in the past were a blast.

kerovick
01-17-2008, 02:17 PM
is the entire mountain going to be crowded because of MLK weekend and teh competition?

Weez
01-17-2008, 11:56 PM
is the entire mountain going to be crowded because of MLK weekend and teh competition?

I had some friends that were thinking of meeting us up there this weekend and decided at the last minute that they wanted to go, they quickly found out that every hotel in the area was sold out. My guess is the mountain will be absolutely mobbed.

SKIdds
01-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey, and we had to go on a wait list to ge the kids into ski school tomorrow. Everybody better just STAY AWAY beacuse it is going to be sooooooooooo crowded you won't be able to even breath.

[whew, think we scared the crowds away?] ;);)

Yes, the mountain will be crowded...............for Whiteface, but that doesn't mean it will be like KMart or any other big Vermont resort over the holiday weekend. I suspect that on Saturday there will be a bit of a wait for the Gondola, but otherwise it should be all good. Now let's hope those possible lake effect squalls and snow showers along the approaching cold front pile up on the mountain Saturday night. The extreme cold on Sunday will keep some people off the mountain, which means all the more for the brave souls that make it.

We did get the kids into ski school for tomorrow, so it's family ski day for Saturday. The means frigid Sunday will be the hardcore ski day for the boyz. If anyone is going to be around let me know and maybe I'll see you at the mountain.

kerovick
01-18-2008, 06:41 PM
I made it, I'm staying with familly in Tupper Lake. I'll be monitoring channel 3-13 if anyone wants to try to meet up.

Skier 4 Life
01-18-2008, 06:59 PM
If anyone is going to be around let me know and maybe I'll see you at the mountain.

I'll be there along with HighPeaksDrifter, JacktheRipper, TakeItToTheSlopes, OldSkiBum, CopyMan and a few others I may have failed to mention. Just look for the boyz in yellow... and we hope to see you on the slopes too! 8)