PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a HUGE mass of warm air......

SKIdds
01-08-2008, 12:14 PM
It's the same temp in Placid as it is in NYC. Wow, you won't find that in January very often.

highpeaksdrifter
01-08-2008, 01:34 PM
It is tuff to take. I'll be glad when tomorrow afternoon comes and the cold starts coming back in. All the happy people in work who are talking about how beautiful it is outside are getting to me. I don't blame them, they don't have a stake in cold weather, but they're still getting on my nerves.

Harvey44
01-08-2008, 10:02 PM
It's like the weatherpeople who assume warmer is better...70 today, 80 tomorrow and 90 the next day! Shoot em.

snowman
01-09-2008, 05:20 PM
One of the reasons that I like to come to Placid is the people seem glad when it is snowing.
There are so many places to live where it doesn't snow, why don't the snow haters move there?

oldskibum
01-09-2008, 05:23 PM
It is tuff to take. I'll be glad when tomorrow afternoon comes and the cold starts coming back in. All the happy people in work who are talking about how beautiful it is outside are getting to me. I don't blame them, they don't have a stake in cold weather, but they're still getting on my nerves.HPD, it wasn't all bad, once the lifts got running we had a grtat "spring-like" day. People in shorts and even topless (males)!! Conditions weren't all that bad, but lost a lot of snow. The snowfield on cloud, lower sky, Mac, and lower parkway all took a beating(mostly natural snow I think). But all in all about a 7.5 - 8 type of day with sun.

Mjolnir
01-10-2008, 11:55 AM
i found a wooly bear catapillar about 2 weeks ago under a log pile that i was moving; I put iot in my glove box ( i didnt want it to die)...well, i lost it....it showed up yetwerday on my car seat, still alive...i think that it ws responding to the CRAZY warm temps....it is now in a a little box with some leaves....sleeping....