PDA

View Full Version : Woods

Lbtchnlgs
01-10-2008, 11:48 AM
How have the woods faired from this warm weather? Still a decent base?

Harvey44
01-10-2008, 12:06 PM
No beta from me, but I'm guessing it's gotta be ugly. It was getting sketchy on "on the map" glades on Saturday, before it even went above freezing. I'd developed some habits starting on Jan 1 (going ANYWHERE) that weren't really appropriate late in the week and I did some base damage...boards are in the shop now.

By the way - anybody know a RELIABLE ski tuner in N Creek? Both Gore and another shop let me down.

Adk Keith
01-10-2008, 01:20 PM
The south face of the mountain in front of my house where I was skinning and skiing before Christmas is bare.

Harvey44 - Beaverbrook? That's where I take mine for their annual shop tune.

adkskier
01-10-2008, 05:53 PM
There isn't a shop with a stone grinder with a qualified tech in North Creek. Beaver Brook on weekends - see Adam for hand tuning.

jimmer
01-10-2008, 05:54 PM
woods are shot for awhile. :cry:

BigAirJay
01-11-2008, 01:02 AM
hardly any base at all. It was tough enough finding snow on the trails, where they made a base layer, woods are pretty much bare. And if you do find a little bit of snow, no much hope for holding an edge in it unless it is groomed. We are going to need another serious dump before the woods are decent again.

Lbtchnlgs
01-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Man, 7 trails today. Snow isn't looking too promising for sunday night. At least the pic of the day is beautiful