PDA

View Full Version : How were the trails?

adksara
01-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, with my Dad hurt from skiing at Gore (stupid snow guns!) after Christmas and all that cruddy rain - the husband and I decided on hiking instead of skiing - we went over to our property by Crane and went for a few miles along the ridge and through the woods... but I'm now so sad :(

Huge bare areas, no coverage at all on any south or west facing slopes. No need for even snowshoes on most spots... and lots of crusty, nasty ice areas... sigh... I could only imagine trails at Gore...

So how were they?

I'm keeping all fingers, toes, eyes and everything else crossed that some sort of redeeming snowfall is headed our way.

Keep the cheer and keep thinking of snow!
ADKSara

Harvey44
01-13-2008, 04:43 PM
I haven't skied since 1/5, so I can't answer your question. But....

It's only going to get better. Tonight into tomorrow I bet we get at least 6." And now - 4 days out - on Thurs - NWS is calling for a 60% chance of snow. That storm looks even more promising. Plus many sources are predicted extended cold. We will be back in the trees before too long.

http://www.postimage.org/aV3TaHr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV3TaHr)

Lbtchnlgs
01-14-2008, 12:03 AM
A friend of mine went up yesterday and said it was pretty bad. Bare and icy spots all over. As Harv said it can only get better from here. Im not putting much on tonights storm, but hopefully friday's can help us out

mattchuck2
01-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I like Harvey's Optimism, but Friday looks like the better potential for snow for Gore . . .

They need it too . . . it wasn't awful this past weekend, but I wouldn't call it good either . . . take from that what you will.

Harvey44
01-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Hey Matt...I realize I'm probably imagining it, but are you teleying in your avatar?

luv2cruz
01-14-2008, 10:34 PM
sking was pretty good today. fairview first thing was great, got first tracks on hawkeye [was only an inch or two] it was very good. lies was closed for reasons unknown. they were blowing on uncas mostly good except for a few wet guns. sking was especially good on showcase it seemed to have the most freshies. it's coming back slowly but surely. think snow!!!

adksara
01-15-2008, 09:43 PM
they were blowing on uncas mostly good except for a few wet guns.

Careful of that wet snow and those guns... that's what stopped my dad in his tracks and sent him down from the mountain broken for 6+ weeks.

I'm hoping though with enough snowmaking, some snow on Friday things will shape up soon. I do miss the woods though and am hoping for a big pile of snow to go play in! :)

ADKSara

jimmer
01-16-2008, 05:52 PM
they were blowing on uncas mostly good except for a few wet guns.

Careful of that wet snow and those guns... that's what stopped my dad in his tracks and sent him down from the mountain broken for 6+ weeks.

I'm hoping though with enough snowmaking, some snow on Friday things will shape up soon. I do miss the woods though and am hoping for a big pile of snow to go play in! :)

ADKSara
what r you talking about,gore dosnt blow wet snow, well wait a minute,now that i think about it ,they were all wet today.

but really a bummer about your pops,that is bad,hope hes back at it soon.

mattchuck2
01-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey Matt...I realize I'm probably imagining it, but are you teleying in your avatar?

Hell yeah, buddy, I'm all about the tele . . .

If I didn't have to work, I'd do it all the time.