PDA

View Full Version : Worth a day off?

Cliff
01-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi all;
New to board...reader for awhile.
I have a Gore pass: are the condition worth a day off tomorrow, (Wed)?
Thanks!

megatron
01-15-2008, 12:36 PM
If you have a limited # of days off, I would wait for another day. The conditions are improving, and with 6'' of light powder it at least looks good. But, that snow is hiding a lot of things, so ski light :D

C

jimmer
01-15-2008, 01:39 PM
welcome cliff,i didnt ski today,but you gotta ask yourself -ski or work,thats easy for me cause i dont have a friggen job,but seems to me skiing would win every time,ski today-work whenever.

Cliff
01-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the replies! Actually, I'm semi-retired and doing consulting work at the company I worked at for 40 years, so I sorta have unlimited time off. The only hangup is I have gotten used to the paycheck on top of the pension.

I tweaked my knee early this winter, (not skiing), and don't want to ride really rouigh conditions. Grooming and easy blacks and blues are the order of the day until I get this thing going again!

That's the long-and-short of it....still trying to decide if I should blow off work, (I know, a no-brainer for most!).

Thanks all!!

luv2cruz
01-15-2008, 10:13 PM
sking was awesome today. plenty of freshies to be had. uncas was the pick of the day new snow mixed with man made very deep. only bummer of the day was patrol chickened out on openning lies, headwall was '' to icey''. welcome cliff a bad day of sking beats a good day at work anytime. we missed you today jimmer upper stelhang was sweet. all together now think snow!!!

jimmer
01-16-2008, 05:48 PM
well cliff,i hope you made it up today the skiing was pretty good,even better than work. only bummer was the trees still arnt any good[unless you dont give a crap about your skis].its comming back nicely,so go get some,NOW,thats an order.

jimmer

MidnightCarving
01-16-2008, 10:46 PM
i agree, i was up for a quick morning (8-10) and the conditions were decent, but the real star of the show was the sun... absolutely gorgeous day today, a little bit of wind but nothing out of control, and some nice corduroy all around. I'll be up again same time range tomorrow, i dont have work till saturday!

Cliff
01-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Yup, definitely worth the day! Nice sun, pretty surprisingly decent conditions. I'd forgotten about the Coke Wednesday thing and was surprised by the full upper lot, although most of 'em stayed low, Straight Brook was pretty much empty.

The woods thing doesn't work for me anymore, I guess I'm getting too old, way too much work in the trees.

Grooming has become a good thing for me, but I do really enjoy a powder day and spring skiing.

Thanks all!!!
Ski safe and ski often.