PDA

View Full Version : Big tupper...To poach or not to poach?

kerovick
01-20-2008, 11:39 PM
As I am sitting in Tupper Lake looking at Big Tupper, does anyoneknow how the current ownership feels about poaching? Honestlly, I'm not a earn your turns type of guy but those open slopes kinda get my attention.

Lbtchnlgs
01-20-2008, 11:53 PM
hell yeah, the worst that will happen is someone will tell you you can't be there. The more likely case is that many people are getting there before you and ruining your fresh snow!!

campgottagopee
01-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Dude go for it. My understanding is the new owners are from Jersey, and most likely wouldn't give a hoot anyway.

MidnightCarving
01-21-2008, 11:19 PM
i agree... never skied there but i was there once as a little kid in late march when they were just wrapping up the season... i can remember thinking that it looked like nice terrain.

ssface
01-22-2008, 01:10 AM
The ADK Club development company is based in PA. The road is plowed by the Town up to the gate at the parking lot. You can park where the plow turns around. The parking lot gate is closed but there is no 'no trespassing' sign on it. It is private property but we hike the trails year round without any problems. The head developer is a pretty good guy and friendly to the locals.

Have fun!

kerovick
01-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Alas, I didn't do it. I had no one to go with me and watch my back. It was a wise choice but I regret it none the less.