PDA

View Full Version : Sweater Ball Atire Questions

highpeaksdrifter
01-21-2008, 07:53 AM
OK I’m in, I bought the tickets and can’t wait to go. It’s going to be a great time. :D

I was going to PM Adirondackskier, but I thought if I started a thread it might give useful info to others who are going.

I have a few questions about attire:

Someone who is definitely in the know about WF and fashion told me that basically anything goes as long as you don’t wear blue jeans, but someone else, who is on par with my fashion sense (zero), told me that guys have to wear black pants, which is it?

My wife will be really ticked off at me if she shows up wearing something that’s even a little out of place. Also, I’m sure we are going to want to go outside for the fireworks, lighted half pipe etc., so footwear may be an issue. What is the safe bet ladies?

We are bringing two 13-year-old boys can they wear jeans?

midweeker
01-21-2008, 02:33 PM
wear a neon Fartbag :shock:

Adirondackskier
01-21-2008, 03:49 PM
To clarify the dress code for this event: Wear your favorite Ski Sweater, Snowboard Sweater, or Retro Ski Sweater if you like. The remainder of your attire is open for your interpretation: ball skirts, nice skirts, tux pants, slacks, nice pants with electrical tape on the side :) hahahaha or good old fashioned knickers. Please no jeans, sweat pants or hot pants.

I think that should just about cover it. I will be wearing a ski sweater with perhaps a matching hat and a silver full length skirt with a little fullness to it. Inside I will wear a pair of pink ballet slippers I think and will also bring a pair of black furry boots to slip on when I go outside. I will also be attempting to ski in my ball skirt as it is something I have always wanted to do.

I hope this clarifies.

Kids can wear whatever they would like. They will be hanging out in the NYSEF Lodge with supervision, the highlight of their night is the outdoor activities, so they should dress warm. Inside the NYSEF Lodge there will be hot chocolate, hamburgers, and hot dogs. Music will be playing on the Mixing bowl.

Does this help?

If you haven't bought your tickets, you only have 2 more days!!!!!!!

It is going to be so much fun!!!!

tjf67
01-21-2008, 07:28 PM
How about a count as to ticket sales. I know there are two for certain.

Stretch pants are encouraged. panty lines not so much

highpeaksdrifter
01-21-2008, 07:50 PM

I heard 150 tickets sold as of Sunday morning.

NPN
01-22-2008, 06:50 PM

I heard 150 tickets sold as of Sunday morning.

Not counting the insider's comp list.

highpeaksdrifter
01-22-2008, 09:53 PM
How is the Cigar Bar in the Lookout Café going to work. There's no way they can let those things be smoked inside right? NEW YORK STATE CLEAN INDOOR AIR ACT? What am I missing?

NPN
01-23-2008, 02:44 AM
How is the Cigar Bar in the Lookout Café going to work. There's no way they can let those things be smoked inside right? NEW YORK STATE CLEAN INDOOR AIR ACT? What am I missing?

They're bringing in the defunked FP scrubbers.

oneotwoandcounting
01-23-2008, 11:28 AM
No Jeans, NO Jeans, No Jeans, WHAT NO JEANS. Welcome to Mascara Mountain. What - NO JEANS. Okay I'll wear my "Ball Skirt" and you'll wish I had worn Jeans. What's more formal than a pair of Carhartt’s? Where am I going to put Estwing? I was going to bring my pretty blue one for the nail-driving contest. Come on “Bridge” have a heart. Can I bring my Stihl?

Okay with the Jeans but no Hot Pants? What’s an old guy to do?

102 and fading

“He’s dumber that a bag full of hammers.” - Anonymous

"Pull up your pants and turn your hat around, you look like an idiot." - Anonymous