PDA

View Full Version : Forum Meet

highpeaksdrifter
01-23-2008, 09:03 AM
A post over at the Gore forum got me to thinking about how many people I’ve met at WF as a direct result of this forum or the old RSN forum. So far I’ve come up with 11. On some meets there has only been enough time for a handshake and a few friendly words, others I’ve met are a say hi in the lodge or see on the hill and take a run or two type of friendly relationship, and still others I’ve become friends with and ski and socialize with on a pretty regular basis. Although TJF seems to be in hiding lately, I’m pretty sure I’ll see him this weekend though. They better have a lot of Coors lite at the Ball. :D

So anyways, anytime anyone ever wants to hook up, I’m down with it. It’s always been a good experience for me.

Anyone else have forum meet experience?

tjf67
01-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Ive been blocked out. I hope i remember how to ski.

Denison
03-07-2008, 12:02 AM
I have not met anyone from this forum, or AZ for that matter. I thinks there was a talk at AlpineZone about trip to Whiteface this season - some folks showed interest.
Anyway, I'll be going on solo trip to Whiteface this weekend (8 & 9) - so if anyone wants to take some turns together or, even better, grab Stellas at the lodge - shoot a P.M.

tjf67
03-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Yo Denni i will be around this weekend. Finding people on the hill can be difficult I am always in my ski state to mind and never look around. After the day is done usually around 4 you will see people going into the bar. The first bar when you come up the stairs right around that if you snoop around you will find three or four of us. Dont look before three thirty we are still on the hill.

joyparkway
03-07-2008, 11:11 AM
SOME of us will still be on the hill at 3:30. Others like to start beer o'clock a little early.

I'll be there as well- orange jacket and blue Technica boots. The rest of the crew shouldn't be too far behind me... :lol:

Denison
03-07-2008, 08:19 PM
see you all tomorrow. wake up is at 3 am

NPN
03-09-2008, 03:49 PM

I'm sorry you had to travel so far for the worst ski weekend I can remember, but that's Mother Nature for you. Hope you still found a way to enjoy yourself.

highpeaksdrifter
03-09-2008, 08:20 PM

I'm sorry you had to travel so far for the worst ski weekend I can remember, but that's Mother Nature for you. Hope you still found a way to enjoy yourself.

I met Denis, he was taking it pretty good. Seems like one of the good guys, maybe next time we can get some runs in.

NPN
03-09-2008, 08:38 PM

I met Denis, he was taking it pretty good. Seems like one of the good guys, maybe next time we can get some runs in.

Glad to hear it.

When you're lucky enough to be up there almost every weekend, from an acceptable drive time, it's easy to write off an event like this. But it really puts it in perspective when you read a post from somebody who has to travel that kind of distance, at these gas prices, and still keeps a game face after getting skunked.

Buy that boy an Ubu next time through!!!

Denison
03-09-2008, 10:51 PM

Saturday certainly could have been better, but still I had fun.

Good meeting Face4Me and HPD. I surely showed Face4Me some skills falling twice on our Mackenzie run :)

Face4Me
03-10-2008, 07:10 AM

Saturday certainly could have been better, but still I had fun.

Good meeting Face4Me and HPD. I surely showed Face4Me some skills falling twice on our Mackenzie run :)

:lol: It was nice meeting you as well ... sorry I couldn't take a few more runs with you, but I needed a break ... it was time for some midday carbo-loading!!! I was going to try to find you again later, but I had met up with my son and he'd had enough of being pelted with the sleet, so we called it a day.

Maybe we'll meet up again some other time.

Denison
03-10-2008, 09:32 AM
When you're lucky enough to be up there almost every weekend, from an acceptable drive time, it's easy to write off an event like this. But it really puts it in perspective when you read a post from somebody who has to travel that kind of distance, at these gas prices, and still keeps a game face after getting skunked.

Meeting good folks and staying at North Pole were highlights of my trip, so no regrets.

I'll be back in two weeks (did somebody say "Slides" ? 8) )

Denison
03-10-2008, 09:35 AM

thank you for kind words. likewise.

SKIdds
03-10-2008, 10:08 AM
I'll be back in two weeks (did somebody say "Slides" ? 8) )

Our kids have off the Monday and Tuesday after Easter. We'll be skiing on the 24th and 25th. Positive thoughts for some more fresh and the right temps to get The Slides open, although I prefer to take immediate action and day trip it once they open, rather than hope they are open on a weekend I plan on being there. They are worth the day trip, which for me is a 3:15 drive.

takeahike46er
03-10-2008, 10:39 AM
I saw pics from someone's trip down Slide 4 on March 1st. Coverage looks great in there. They should be opening soon.