PDA

View Full Version : Whiteface "towers"

snowman
01-23-2008, 05:03 PM
What happened to the "You are now xxx feet above the top of some other ski area in the East" signs? I thought it was a neat idea. Might as well point out what you have.

Face4Me
01-23-2008, 05:53 PM
What happened to the "You are now xxx feet above the top of some other ski area in the East" signs? I thought it was a neat idea. Might as well point out what you have.

I was thinking the same thing all weekend ... they kind of mysteriously appeared (two weeks ago) and now they've mysteriously vanished ... what gives? I thought they were a great idea!!!

highpeaksdrifter
01-23-2008, 06:05 PM

I was thinking the same thing all weekend ... they kind of mysteriously appeared (two weeks ago) and now they've mysteriously vanished ... what gives? I thought they were a great idea!!!

I liked them too, but I guess I don't pay much attention to them because I didn't know they where missing.

NPN
01-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Sorry, no conspiracy here.

Just a simple case of wind smack down.

snowman
01-24-2008, 08:38 AM
That is funny. They looked like magnets. I was wondering about the effect of the cold and wind. I have to admit a brief thought of trying to grab one (the poles always look so close). Could be another potential sales item like the parking lot poster.
I really want to figure out how to get a world cup bib!

Adirondackskier
01-24-2008, 08:38 AM
I don't think it was a wind smack down on every single pole with exception to the one that is unreachable from the chair. I think they are now located in a fun ski house somewhere in the tri-lakes region. At least I feel like they will be put to good use instead of just falling off. We will replace them hopefully this spring when temps cool and then this summer add permanent signs.

It was fun and a very cool way to illustrate our elevation!

bummer they disappeared.

highpeaksdrifter
02-28-2008, 04:28 PM

I just remembered they where back this weekend.

Adirondackskier
03-02-2008, 08:40 PM
....and they have been stolen again...................................round 3 coming your way........................

highpeaksdrifter
03-03-2008, 06:28 AM
....and they have been stolen again...................................round 3 coming your way........................

I don't know about stolden, at least not all. On Sat. I saw one that had fallen down and was sideways in the snow at the bottom of a tower. Another one had turned crooked and had come down it's tower and looked like it was ready to go. You might find some on the ground when the snow melts. Magnets might not work well in cold and when, but they would work well on my frig. If they where sold in the ski shop it'd buy one.

DUST BLASTER
03-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I agree with HPD, I would by one in the shop.

Denison
03-07-2008, 12:06 AM
How big were the signs? I wonder if I'll see them this weekend...?

snowman
03-07-2008, 08:55 AM
maybe 18" x 30". If they are there, you really can't miss them.

snowman
03-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Here are some not-so-great pictures...
http://forums.skiadk.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album41&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

highpeaksdrifter
03-07-2008, 09:28 AM
http://forums.skiadk.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album41&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

Now that's service :D , Denison can't miss them now.

Denison
03-07-2008, 10:01 AM

Neat idea, should have made stickers instead of magnets ...