PDA

View Full Version : OK...

Lbtchnlgs
02-02-2008, 04:44 AM
This weather sucks. This winter is becoming a large let-down. The mountain is doing great to keep it in tip top shape, but i'm sure pissed at mother nature right now. what an f'n early season tease

:roll:

Harvey44
02-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Breathe deep buddy. I'm betting that this year is going to go down as a great one.

As of this date last how many days had you skied? How many were great? How does this year compare.

For me, last year...I had skied 7 days by now, I've got 19 in so far this year. Including 4 or 5 great days. Last year - nada.

Hang in there.

Danzilla
02-02-2008, 02:16 PM
All I can say is remember December (last year)? I think they had four trails open until the 26th or 27th last and then it rained right after New Years. February and March were pretty awesome last year, but I have been really impressed with how well they have done keeping the mountain skiable this year. Who knows what the next few weeks may hold?

19 days already Harv? That is impressive. I haven't gotten out much due to family issues and the wife being prego, but when I have it has been pretty darn good. Even the weekend after the week of warm rain was decent enough. I don't think they even opened the north side until february last year - maybe for a few days here and there.

D

JC7727
02-02-2008, 05:43 PM
blame it on the strong la nina

Harvey44
02-02-2008, 06:29 PM
I think the mountain has done a great job as well. After some early season dallying, they have gotten serious about blowing snow.

From what I have seen long range, there's a chance will get some serious cold again. With the sleet we've been getting, I'm hoping the base is holding up and we just need a nice foot or 18" of fluff to re-energize everything.

Would love to get some beta from AdKeith or Megatron on how it's holding up.

Danz - Somehow the family has actually increased my skiing. My wife LOVES the daycare at Gore, and so does our 20 month old daughter. Actually when CB was pregnant, I skied a lot too. She came up with me and slept and read and was all around way cool. Is this your first?

megatron
02-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Hi all;

Conditions were very good yesterday all over the upper mt, including the woods, but, I did not venture up today, and I do not plan on going tomorrow, so I do not know how the latest conditions. We received about 4-5" of nice dense snow before the change-over to sleet yesterday. But, it then changed to rain in the evening and froze up later on.
I did hear some griping around town today that things were ugly. Think snow!!

C

JC7727
02-02-2008, 08:06 PM
maybe 2-4 inches monday evening which could freshen things back up, however look for very warm conditions in the middle of the week followed by a cool down over the weknd.