PDA

View Full Version : It's a POW Day

highpeaksdrifter
02-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Just got a call from a couple of friends lucky enough to be at the mountain today. They broke out the fat boards and are skiing 16 inches of fresh. Good for them sucks for us at work.

Anyways thers more on the way and it should be a great weekend.

Greg
02-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Do you think the fabled Empire will open this weekend, HPD? If so, take some pics and/or vid.

tjf67
02-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Upper Mac is better than empire and that is open.
I am thinking empire will be open today tomorrow and be skied off by the weekend and closed down.

highpeaksdrifter
02-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Do you think the fabled Empire will open this weekend, HPD? If so, take some pics and/or vid.

Empire is fabled, but as TJF says in this thread, Upper Mack is a better trail IMO too. If Cloudspin is open this weekend, and I think it will be, I'm going to be one happy guy.

highpeaksdrifter
02-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Upper Mac is better than empire and that is open.
I am thinking empire will be open today tomorrow and be skied off by the weekend and closed down.

How was the skiing yesterday T?

tjf67
02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
I got there about 12:15 and it was powder with hardpack in between. Not a day for poking around. Had to power through things or you got thrown around. I did find some untracked in spots where i should not have been. Got warmed up after about an hour and a half and started to enjoy myself. Upper mack was pretty good. That drop over on the left is just a lot of fun. Northway was great.
Upper mountain was powder on top of that hardpack that was there Sunday. Better off down lower.

Today would have been the day but i feel guilty skiing when there is work to be done.

highpeaksdrifter
02-07-2008, 02:13 PM
I just saw the slideshow on the website from today. I'm sick I wasn't there.

NPN
02-07-2008, 04:39 PM

You're certainly not alone in that illness, but my question is who is that doing the walk of shame looking for the buried stick in the site slideshow?

oldskibum
02-07-2008, 06:05 PM

You're certainly not alone in that illness, but my question is who is that doing the walk of shame looking for the buried stick in the site slideshow?Who else works mid-week on a great pow day?? Looks to me it is S4L, am I right? Question is, is he looking for HIS ski or someone elses? haha Guess I missed a great one! "SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE THURSDAY!" hahaha

Skier 4 Life
02-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Who else works mid-week on a great pow day?? Looks to me it is S4L, am I right? Question is, is he looking for HIS ski or someone elses? haha Guess I missed a great one! "SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE THURSDAY!" hahaha

Ya, you should've OSB. It was a stellar pow day at WF today. 26" of new snow in the past 24 hours... almost forgot how good it can be. :wink:

BTW, that wasn't me in the pic... just my ski :!: I lent my Nordica Afterburner's to our good friend, Joe so he could 'float' better in the deep pow. Apparently, he had a little too much fun chasing me down the hill! Took a fall on Lower Sky and lost track of one of my skis :oops:; I was already at the base of the quad before I realized what had happened. I guess I was riding back up/skiing back down to help him find it when the shot was taken. Man, what a day it was! 8)

NPN
02-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Who else works mid-week on a great pow day?? Looks to me it is S4L, am I right? Question is, is he looking for HIS ski or someone elses? haha Guess I missed a great one! "SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE THURSDAY!" hahaha

Ya, you should've OSB. It was a stellar pow day at WF today. 26" of new snow in the past 24 hours... almost forgot how good it can be. :wink:

BTW, that wasn't me in the pic... just my ski :!: I lent my Nordica Afterburner's to our good friend, Joe so he could 'float' better in the deep pow. Apparently, he had a little too much fun chasing me down the hill! Took a fall on Lower Sky and lost track of one of my skis :oops:; I was already at the base of the quad before I realized what had happened. I guess I was riding back up/skiing back down to help him find it when the shot was taken. Man, what a day it was! 8)

I don't know, that pic is kinda damning ( I hope you're not one of those people who rip one off, and blame it on the poor dog ).

NPN
02-07-2008, 10:25 PM
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=66431

Found this over on Barking Bear.

I don't know about the "rare fantastic" comment as I seem to have a number of fantastic days during a typical Whiteface season, but thought I'd re-post it over here anyway.

p.s.- I've been trying to drag that little racer smiley dude over here for ages, but I just can't seem to pull it off.