PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

Lbtchnlgs
02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Was VERY hesitant to go up to the mountain this morning. Rainy and warm in Round Lake.

Got there at 8:30 after a quick stops at Stewart's (coffee went up .10 monday)

Waited for ropes to drop on pine knot, got first publik tracks down that. Summit was phenominal.

Lower rumor was very fun, lots of snow- Had first 5 tracks in there. Couldn't figure out why people weren't skiing it! It took people an hour to jump in the hole.

I was going to head to lies but saw that double was running :o Steilhang Hullabaloo was fantastic. My vote goes to dark side. Snow stayed fresh in there all day. First few runs it was easy to rip off all the ledges and land soft, even by the end of the day this was done without 'ouchs' on the knees.

After bunch of runs in there I headed back to the summit. Took upper enterance to chati woods- had a AWESOME run with all sorts of fresh open lines. Dumped out onto .pineknot.? down to the topridge tripple... The only thing was, is that it WASN'T running.- Had to take acess road down to the bunny hill. :evil:

Lies was good, grainy up top but still no problem getting an edge, lowwer it was deep with powder.

Anyone know why they shut down Top riddge tripple?

Harv- the woods are fine get up there and duck in!

Harvey44
02-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Man...you must have come out pretty far down in the Chati glades, not to notice the rope across tannery? (Assuming there was one.)

Still sounds great.

I'm still holding out hope I could come up Sat and ski Sun/Mon.

Really appreciate the beta, Lbt and Megatron.

luv2cruz
02-08-2008, 07:24 AM
heard top ridge was down cause of power. adirondack express was down for same reason. they were running everything else on diesil. high peaks was running on electric but that's on a different line than rest of lifts. skiing was awesome thursday better than expected [should always go to gore with low expectations] think snow!