PDA

View Full Version : What A Blast This Weekend Was

highpeaksdrifter
02-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Lots of snow to start, snowed each day, pow shots all over the place. Glades where in great shape. I skied them alot on Sat. On Sun. I couldn't stay off of Upper CS, it was good Sat., but was stuffed with snow on Sun.

I'm a little sore this morning, but it was well worth it. A very satisfying weekend.

:D More snow is coming.

tjf67
02-11-2008, 10:54 AM
It was. Started yesterday with first tracks and finished getting on the summit quat at 3:25. We were skiing the racers chair for a while and the sun was out on that part of the hill. You can ski so much better when you can see. We thought it was going to lift so we headed back towards the summit. On our first ride up the summit quad near the end the sun started to poke through by the time we got to cloud we could see everything. The wind had filled in the bumps flat over there and we hit the line skers right and it was 10 to 15 inches deep of fluff. Took the lower switchback over to ladies drop and finished it off. When we got down we looked and jumped on for the final run. It was ful sun by then. we got back to ladies drop and the lift was stopped and the view was crazy. Surreal day.

snowman
02-11-2008, 02:27 PM
We were all over Cloud Spin on Sunday. It really was fun. The weather was a little bit of everything. I love skiing when it is snowing hard. My wife never liked Cloudspin - until yesterday. It was all she wanted to ski. What a blast. I even took a couple fall during white-outs. What a season!