PDA

View Full Version : Gore vs Whiteface this weekend

midwestblues
02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
I am a Gore Mtn season pass holder and am planning to come up this weekend. I have 4 days, Friday - Monday. Was thinking of taking a couple of those days up at Whiteface. Does anyone have first hand knowledge regarding the conditions at Whiteface and how they compare to Gore. I was at Gore on Saturday and thought the mountain was skiing great on the natural snow trails but was a bit skiied off on the groomed trailed (i.e Hawkey, Open Pit, Hallabalo (sp??)). I really like bumped up trails and open glade trails. Why does Gore grooms every trail all the time. What about leaving one side of Hawkey ungroomed, at least on the bottom section. I would welcome and comments. Thanks Eric

Harvey44
02-11-2008, 04:29 PM
They should totally leave half of the hawk ungroomed.

From the sound of it, on the WF board, things up there are primo too.

But I'm a Gore guy. I'll be up Fri, Sat, Sun and maybe Mon if there is new snow on Sun.

Harv

NPN
02-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I just got back from Whiteface where they've had 41" of fresh in the last five days with more on the way. Every trail's open, and skiing/riding is as good as it gets. Upper Cloudspin is a great double fall line expert trail which is always bumped up. Upper, and Lower Mackenzie are usually left bumped up as well. Other bump trails will vary. Sometimes they'll leave Upper Northway ungroomed, or Essex. Same goes for Upper, and Lower Parkway. Glades are all in great shape as well.

You may also want to repost this question on the Whiteface side of the board as you're bound to get a lot more of the diehard bump crowd chiming in.

Hope that helps.