PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna be around this weekend?

SKIdds
02-12-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm thinking of bringing the wife and kids up for a long weekend, Thurs night to Sunday. Looks like it should be a stellar weekend. Great conditions now, snow on the way (cross your fingers for an all snow event), a great weekend forecast. Now I just have to find suitable lodging.....looks like there is some availability.

SKIdds
02-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Done deal......we're coming up Thursday night, skiing Friday and Saturday. Two nights at the Courtyard. I'm stoked. Looks like I'll be skiing Friday on my own, Saturday with the wife and kids. If anyone is going to be making turns on Friday let me know.

highpeaksdrifter
02-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Done deal......we're coming up Thursday night, skiing Friday and Saturday. Two nights at the Courtyard. I'm stoked. Looks like I'll be skiing Friday on my own, Saturday with the wife and kids. If anyone is going to be making turns on Friday let me know.

Wish I could Skidds, but I have to work Friday.

tjf67
02-13-2008, 08:41 AM
I have to go down to ALbany for an appointment Sat. Will be there Sunday and over the top on monday

Denison
03-10-2008, 09:12 AM
... at the Courtyard.

Is it the new hotel on Rt.73 (Cascade Rd)? How was the stay?

SKIdds
03-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Yes, that's the property, opened last year. They did a nice job with the place. New and clean. Typical courtyard room. Regular rooms have either 2 queen beds, or a king bed with a "sofabed", which is really more of a chair than a sofa but does pull out. They do have larger suites if you need one. Beds are comfortable. They have a nice indoor pool that has two hot tubs. Ski storage room should you need it. The town shuttle stops right at the hotel if you need that. That last trip I did use it, rather than getting the wife and kids out of bed on a day they weren't skiing. 6:30 shuttle from the hotel connected with the shuttle to the mountain and I was in the base lodge by 7:40 or so. They also have a good breakfast buffet, and you can get a rate that includes breakfast. Shared a gondola that trip with the top guy in the local health department who is responsible for inspections of all the local dining establishments. He gave it a thumbs up. The Courtyard is a pretty good value for the money. I give the place my recommendation. We've stayed there three times now. Unless the Mirror Lake Inn happens to be running a spring special or something, the Courtyard is out LP lodging of choice.