PDA

View Full Version : Family dining/take out options in North Creek

skiprob
02-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Four adults and five kids staying near Gore for the February break.

I expect we will go out and eat dinner a couple times. Take out would also be an option.

I would like to try Friends Lake Inn, but not with this crowd.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Lbtchnlgs
02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Wish I could help you out more. The only place I have eaten was Kelly O's. Was a great burger and I enjoy the atmosphere. As you may have read in other posts the menu is a bit limited, but it's right near the mountain so it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Enjoy the break with your family

skimore
02-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Place at intersection of Rte 8 and 9 just past Riparius. OP Fredericks

megatron
02-13-2008, 07:10 AM
Place at intersection of Rte 8 and 9 just past Riparius. OP Fredericks

Go a little further on 8, and you will come to The Place. It is very good. Also, try the Black Mountain, it is on Rt 8, at the end of Peaceful Valley Rd.

C

TomCat
02-13-2008, 08:36 AM
I cast my vote for Black Mountain

adkskier
02-13-2008, 10:06 AM
The Black Mountain on Rte 8 near Peaceful Valley Road and OP Fredericks at the intersection of Rte's 8 and 9 in Chestertown are the 2 closest that are consistently good and moderately priced. 5 minutes further and worth the drive is the cafe in The Wells House in Pottersville. Capri Pizza in North Creek for take out.

skiprob
02-13-2008, 10:39 AM
That sounds like a fine set of choices:
Kelly O's
O P Fredericks
The Place
Black Mountain

Regards,
rob

Lbtchnlgs
02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
dooood. mcdonalds. it's worth the drive from north creek.

Tell your kids what I tell my date:

You can order anything you want, off the dollar menu

NPN
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
That sounds like a fine set of choices:
Kelly O's
O P Fredericks
The Place
Black Mountain

Regards,
rob

If that list is in order of preference, I'd definitely reverse it.

You should also know about Sarah's ( I think that's the right name ) across from the pizza place/video rental for a take out option. For that matter the pizza place has spectacular pies if your troops are in the mood for 'za. Both are right in the middle of town on the main street a bit south of Grand Union supermarket. Hopefully, somebody will help you out with the right names for these places ( I really suck when it comes to names ).

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll have a great time at Gore, and North Creek. Enjoy!

skiprob
02-13-2008, 10:10 PM
The order listed was the order of replies. Sorry - no originality.

My first choice is Black Mountain - It was also suggested when we visited last year but we blew it off to get closer to Okemo for the next day's skiing.

I did not know that there is a Grand Union in North Creek. I thought the closest was in Warrensburg.

Cafe Sara was listed on the Gore Mt website.

Pizza will be a tough sell. The relatives are from Long Island - a land notorious for pizza snobery (not these folks though).

I am looking forward to a few days at Gore with the relatives. They really loved it last year. It is always one of my faves.

Regards

Harvey44
02-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Cafe Sara - makes a great roast beef sandwich to go.

NPN
02-14-2008, 12:15 AM
Pizza will be a tough sell. The relatives are from Long Island - a land notorious for pizza snobery (not these folks though).

Oddly enough that's where this crowd is from ( apres' the old country, of course ). They used to be Capri Pizza in Lake George Village ( the site of many a late night buzzed munch in my youth ), and can rival the best Brooklyn 'za, I shiet you not, so don't sell them short regardless of the longshot location.