PDA

View Full Version : My kingdom for some beta.

Harvey44
02-13-2008, 06:39 PM
OK my kingdom isn't worth much, I admit it.

Anyone who skied today... would you drive 1/2 day to ski Friday?

If you had to guess...do you think the glades will remain open after today's event?

Harv

Lbtchnlgs
02-13-2008, 07:44 PM
It'll depend on how much snow they pick up tonight. By 3:00 it was knee breaking stuff in the woods, you weren't going anywhere unless you had some serious pitch, when that stuff freezes up it will get interesting. Summit was even getting a bit thick.

I really hope it does, you deserve a good day of skiing

megatron
02-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Harv,

I have an old hay rake in my yard here that I use as my official snow depth device :D . We have as much snow right now as we did last year after the V-day storm, but the difference is that this years' snow is all base, not fluff.
Bottom line is get your butt up here and ski and that's an order :twisted: :twisted:

C

Adk Keith
02-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Things were pretty mucky down low but except for the last 100 yards on the HP chair, that side was rocking. My best run this year was yesterday on the Dark Side Glades.

Beta from today's skiers would tell you more after last night's freeze.

A bad day on the slopes is better than a good day at work!

midwestblues
02-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Anyone with any first hand accounts of the conditions today would be welcome. I am considering coming up this Friday - Mon. and would welcome any info. Our dog sitter got sick so if I come, my wife stays home. She is a great skiier and ski partner so this is a bit of a bummer. Plus, if I go and she stays home, I will owe her big time and wnat to make sure the conditions this weekend are worth the anticipated pay back. Thanks Eric

Harvey44
02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
I am also skiing solo this weekend and am in a similar position, owing my wife bigtime.

I'm leaning towards coming, and have to make my call in the next 2 hours. Thing is, if its great, noone will report in until after 4pm or so.

The recorded message is from last night and all positive. I call the other number and the woman I spoke said conditions were "fantastic." That seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

I guess my thinking is that whatever it is, it's probably going to be better now than later. Monday looks ugly.

MWB, or anyone else FTM - if you want to connect, I've got an Olive colored coat, Black pants and helmet, blue boots and red skis. I'm on tele gear.

I know asking the question..."is it worth the drive" is kinda weenie. To all who have shared, I REALLY appreciate it.

Harv

Harvey44
02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Ok. I'm here. My best guess is that it was worth the drive.

At 2000', at our cabin, it looks like maybe 10" fell. Down in there, down about 2 or three inches is a layer. I'll call it a crusty layer, but not a crust.

I think a good tree skier should be able to handle a fresh line. I think an intermediate should be able to handle it once a few skiers have been through.

It's probably ridiculous to give an opinion on the conditions when you haven't actually skied in over 2 weeks.

But I thought you'd want to know. I would.

Tomorrow should rock. We will see.

Harv

Harvey44
02-15-2008, 09:01 PM
To put this thread to bed. It was what I hoped and better.

My estimation of conditions was actually pretty good.

What I didn't anticipate was how soft the best snow would be.

Tomorrow did rock. Life is good.

Harv

PS Jimmer lives. I saw him on the hill.