PDA

View Full Version : Photos from February 15, 2008

SKIdds
02-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Friday before the big holiday weekend. While the entire mountain wasn't absolutely perfect, I couldn't have had a better day. It was a bit windy Friday, but that just meant there were lots of wind blown powder shots to be had. Rumor had it that the Tues/Wed storm last week included a little rain lower on the mountain. That would explain why things were a little hard underneith, but as the photos will show, there was no evidence of that in the glades. I grabbed first tracks on Empire. First tracks in the Cloudsplitter Glades and I kept going back for untracked lines for two hours in there. The middle of Skyward and Cloudspin were blown off, but that just made the edges of the trails a powder bonanza.....which filled in nicely between runs with the wind. Blazer's was in great shape. My one big disappointment was the snowfields. Not only were they mostly a windblown hardpack, it was in there that I found the only true boilerplate on the mountain, which made for a scary slide on my hip for a hundred feet of vertical toward a copse of scrub trees. We also skied Saturday with the kids and the mountain was in great shape. I'm sure that today's temps and rain will set things back a little, but it looks like things are right back to cold temps. Anywho.....here you go:

http://forums.skiadk.com/modules.php?set_albumName=February-15%2C-2008&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

ComeBackMudPuddles
02-19-2008, 05:43 AM
Nice shots! Thanks. Looks like a good day in the glades.

Lbtchnlgs
02-19-2008, 11:08 AM
wow cloudsplitter looked great