PDA

View Full Version : Waist Deep Cold Smoke

Tsavolion
02-07-2006, 10:16 AM
i am thoroughly annoyed right now because i am at work, but phineas just called and left me a nice message. he said (and I quote) "waist deep cold smoke--whiteface received over a foot of snow last night into this morning and it is blowing into the trails and it is waist deep in spots." for those of you that can leave work, I suggest you do.

freeheelwilly
02-07-2006, 10:29 AM
i am thoroughly annoyed right now because i am at work, but phineas just called and left me a nice message. he said (and I quote) "waist deep cold smoke--whiteface received over a foot of snow last night into this morning and it is blowing into the trails and it is waist deep in spots." for those of you that can leave work, I suggest you do.

just cleared my calendar. I'm gone.

highpeaksdrifter
02-07-2006, 10:48 AM

I'm pissed too. I hate it when I can't get to the goods and others can. I'm not pissed at them, I'm pissed at the situation. S4L loves to rub my and SOD's face in it when he gets the goods and we don't. :wink: Yeah, you do.

I was happy about skiing at Jiminy Peak tonight, but now that seems lame. :(

highpeaksdrifter
02-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I just checked the web site, Empire and all the glades are open. This is most depressing being in work.

Tsavolion
02-07-2006, 11:13 AM
I just checked the web site, Empire and all the glades are open. This is most depressing being in work.

Empire wasnt open this morning when i checked. i am really bummed!

tjf67
02-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh well jobs can be such a drag. I have to speak over at Albany Law tonight or I would be motoring up the Nway

AdironRider
02-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Think its worth calling out tomorrow?

Tsavolion
02-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Think its worth calling out tomorrow?

I'll check with Phineas end of day, but i would imagine it would be. Not a busy week up here, i ams ure they'll save something!

ski_adk
02-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Drifter...

You're going to Jiminy Tonight? We should meet up for a couple turns if you'd like. Look for the guy in bright red jacket, on Atomic 9:18's with a helmet that has a few stickers on it (Plattekill and Banff most notably).

I think I'm getting feverish for tomorrow...might have to call in sick...

Skier 4 Life
02-07-2006, 01:29 PM

I'm pissed too. I hate it when I can't get to the goods and others can. I'm not pissed at them, I'm pissed at the situation. S4L loves to rub my and SOD's face in it when he gets the goods and we don't. :wink: Yeah, you do.

I was happy about skiing at Jiminy Peak tonight, but now that seems lame. :(

Hey HPD, I do enjoy getting to the goods when I can, but I think I should be more pissed than you. I've made work commitments I can't break this week so I can't ski 'til the weekend. :( I betcha its just stellar at the face today. This is just killing me! :evil: I hope you are just (a little) happier now, HPD (& SOD). :wink:

Travis
02-07-2006, 01:49 PM
I cant believe it, is it really that good, I´m from spain, and I was a little dissapointed, because of the snow report until this morning, when I saw the great snowfall you got at whiteface. I'm going to the mountain next week,I'm travelling from spain, to spend four days at whiteface, from the 12th, to the 15th, How do you think it will be next week?Do you think it will be worth it to travell that far? I was going anyway for a family reunion but this snowfall gives me more reasons to go. What do you think? :D

highpeaksdrifter
02-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Drifter...

You're going to Jiminy Tonight? We should meet up for a couple turns if you'd like. Look for the guy in bright red jacket, on Atomic 9:18's with a helmet that has a few stickers on it (Plattekill and Banff most notably).

I think I'm getting feverish for tomorrow...might have to call in sick...

Mostly black jacket, nordica dobie 130 boots (black) nordica speedmachine 14 skis (mostly red) no helmet. I'd like to take some turns with you.

highpeaksdrifter
02-07-2006, 02:01 PM
I cant believe it, is it really that good, I´m from spain, and I was a little dissapointed, because of the snow report until this morning, when I saw the great snowfall you got at whiteface. I'm going to the mountain next week,I'm travelling from spain, to spend four days at whiteface, from the 12th, to the 15th, How do you think it will be next week?Do you think it will be worth it to travell that far? I was going anyway for a family reunion but this snowfall gives me more reasons to go. What do you think? :D

You'll hit some great conditions. It's suppose to stay cold so they will keep a makin.

ski_adk
02-07-2006, 02:22 PM
I'll look for you on hill HPD. Give a yell if you see me, b/c your description seems like it could fit a bunch of folks. Adding to the details, I'm a bearded dude with a pass wrapped around my right arm.

AdironRider
02-07-2006, 04:50 PM
So whats the word on the goods today? I already called out so I hope its good!

Skier 4 Life
02-07-2006, 05:39 PM
So whats the word on the goods today? I already called out so I hope its good!

One of the 'senior' mountain hosts (who will go unnamed at this time) stopped by my office this PM and told me I missed a stellar day for sure. He claimed there were drifts above the knees and at least a foot of pow at the top with about 6-8" at the base. :shock: Man I wish I was there! :x This guy hasn't stopped by on his way back home all season, until now. I guess he couldn't resist telling me how great it was. Must be nice to be retired and take a day off to ski when you WANT to and not HAVE to ski on the weekend! :evil:

takeahike46er
02-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Finally!

Yesterday afternoon and evening I saw a lot of activity on radar. WF looked like it was getting nailed in a narrow band of snow. I expected a few inches but not a FOOT! Pleasant surprise, indeed!

freeheelwilly
02-08-2006, 06:48 AM
Off the hook!!!! Upper Cloud was the pick of the day. Mackenzie was sweet top to bottom. Knee deep pillows of the ultra-light. Northway, skier's left was a ripper too. Lower sky was....hell you get the idea. And it was cold and it's gonna stay that way. The snow they were blowin' was super primo stuff. And snow in the forecast (flurries/squalls which at the mountain can add up) for the next few days and all weekend. The weekend will fantastic. Don't worry HPD,SOD,S4L and tsavolion - it'll all be there still. Get primed for a good one!

highpeaksdrifter
02-08-2006, 07:49 AM
From the website: 12" dump in last 24 hrs - waist deep glade skiing now available. So was Empire and da trees as good as it sounds?

freeheelwilly
02-08-2006, 08:19 AM
dunno buddy. Got there at 12:20, booted up and headed for 6. Did about 6 laps on Upper Cloud and then headed over to lil'WF where I skied Northway and Mankenzie. Skied Approach 2 or three times and I'm pretty sure that empire was roped (but I'm not positive). I looked at it from 6 once and thought I saw tracks but I also saw rocks. Took On Ramp to Lower Mac a couple times and people had definitely been in the High Country Glades but it looked a little boney to me. Maybe not - I just glanced as I skied by. I wasn't even thinkin' trees - Lower Mac was soooo good I was just bee-linin' to it after hittin' N-Way.

ski_adk
02-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Hey HPD. Dunno if you got over there last night or not, but JP was in pretty decent shape as long as you didn't mind the exfoliation provided by the snow guns. Hope you got out to enjoy!

highpeaksdrifter
02-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey HPD. Dunno if you got over there last night or not, but JP was in pretty decent shape as long as you didn't mind the exfoliation provided by the snow guns. Hope you got out to enjoy!

I was and it was ok. I looked for your helmet with the stickers, but couldn't find you. Last Tuesday the Foxes where bumped up nice and alot of fun. Last night they had plowed them all down. I don't know why they do that all the time. :roll:

Tsavolion
02-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Off the hook!!!! Upper Cloud was the pick of the day. Mackenzie was sweet top to bottom. Knee deep pillows of the ultra-light. Northway, skier's left was a ripper too. Lower sky was....hell you get the idea. And it was cold and it's gonna stay that way. The snow they were blowin' was super primo stuff. And snow in the forecast (flurries/squalls which at the mountain can add up) for the next few days and all weekend. The weekend will fantastic. Don't worry HPD,SOD,S4L and tsavolion - it'll all be there still. Get primed for a good one!

i dont think i need to point out the obvious, but if it were not for me posting phineas' message, you may have missed out. i think that means that you owe me a drink, maybe phineas too, but definitely me.

02-08-2006, 12:03 PM
The skiing was great yesterday. Snow was just below the knee. First tracks were great with much snow in the face. Exhausting skiing after it was tracked up. Today was even better with the whole mountain groomed and little or no ice. Took many speed runs down Skyward right down to the bottom without stopping. Upper Cloudspin is even open but watch out for the rocks. All in all, GREAT DAY. The weekend should be as good or better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

freeheelwilly
02-08-2006, 12:12 PM

i dont think i need to point out the obvious, but if it were not for me posting phineas' message, you may have missed out. i think that means that you owe me a drink, maybe phineas too, but definitely me.

you got it. thank you, thank you, thank you.

highpeaksdrifter
02-08-2006, 01:18 PM
The skiing was great yesterday. Snow was just below the knee. First tracks were great with much snow in the face. Exhausting skiing after it was tracked up. Today was even better with the whole mountain groomed and little or no ice. Took many speed runs down Skyward right down to the bottom without stopping. Upper Cloudspin is even open but watch out for the rocks. All in all, GREAT DAY. The weekend should be as good or better. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good 4u WFW. Are you an everyday skier?