PDA

View Full Version : Rumor v. Niagara

highpeaksdrifter
03-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Rumor at Gore is much longer of course, but is it steeper then Niagara?

SKIdds
03-10-2008, 01:30 PM
My guess is about the same.

tjf67
03-10-2008, 01:32 PM
I think rumor is steeper. Especially when you go skiers left right off the steepest part.

SKIdds
03-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Definitely steeper to skiers left at the top of the headwall, without a doubt. But the trail taken as a whole, it may not be much steeper. Niagara is pretty steep. Problem with Niagara is I don't consider it a trail. It's a very nice section of a trail, but not long enough to compare to a run like Rumor or any other sustained steep.

snowman
03-10-2008, 03:24 PM
all right, help me out here. Where is Niagara? I've people talk about it, but haven't been able to figure it out. Of course, I may not be that bright. :-P

SKIdds
03-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Cloudspin Niagara is the last section of Upper Cloudspin where it drops down into where Connector meets up with Lower Cloudspin. I think it is the steepest portion of any marked trail on the mountain.

Face4Me
03-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Rumor at Gore is much longer of course, but is it steeper then Niagara?
I skied Rumor a couple of weekends ago, and I got the feeling that it was steeper than Niagara. Part of that may be because it's narrower (I think) than Niagara, and maybe that narrowness gives the sensation of a steeper pitch.

takeahike46er
03-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Rumor for sure. Niagara has a good pitch but it never feels that steep to me. I'd say Blazer's Bluff has the steepest section out of any trail on the mountain.

ComeBackMudPuddles
03-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, Cloudspin Niagara is the last section of Upper Cloudspin where it drops down into where Connector meets up with Lower Cloudspin. I think it is the steepest portion of any marked trail on the mountain.

Exactamundo...

snowman
03-11-2008, 10:33 AM
I have respect for both trails....

Niagara has a habit of kicking my but. I think the last third is the steepest part, then the flat at the bottom... you can't start thinking about stopping at the pumphouse until you are done!

Face4Me
03-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I have respect for both trails....

Niagara has a habit of kicking my but. I think the last third is the steepest part, then the flat at the bottom... you can't start thinking about stopping at the pumphouse until you are done!
I'm always amazed at the compression that your legs experience when you come off the steep onto that very flat bottom ... sometimes I think that's the most difficult part of the trail, just trying to stay upright!!!