PDA

View Full Version : Who Skied Today - 3/25

highpeaksdrifter
03-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Web cam looks like sunshine - weather info says 34 degrees. Who was there today? Tells us how good it was.

SKIdds
03-25-2008, 09:24 PM
It was a nice day on the mountain. Today was family ski day, so I couldn't be everywhere. Follies, Parons, Excelsior all skied really well. Bottom of the mountian softened up nicely to hero snow, but the temps from the mid mountain lodge up didn't get up there enough to soften things up too much. Lower Mac still had it's full shine on (as in sun glaring off the ice). Since I didn't get to either I can't say for sure, but I suspect like Monday Upper Cloud and 10th Mtn weren't really open (even though listed on anticipated conditions).

Tons of great coverage out there, but unless there is a big dump in the offing you should start hoping for daytime temps in the upper 30's. Cold weather with a couple inches of snow here and there aren't your friend at this point. All that will do is hide the hard stuff that is still out there on ungroomed parts of the upper mountain. Once the mountain softens up you are going to have some great spring skiing. Today was nice, but didn't make it to great, not just yet.

As for Monday, it was firm and fast. Great where groomed, too firm to ski where not. I hit lower Mac and it was all but unskiable........but oh the spring bump fest you'll have once it softens.

skigolfhunt
03-26-2008, 06:16 AM
... Since I didn't get to either I can't say for sure, but I suspect like Monday Upper Cloud and 10th Mtn weren't really open (even though listed on anticipated conditions)...

They were open. Upper Cloudspin all the way from hurricane allley and in good shape like a warm January ski day. Took 2 great runs on it, will say that Skyward was better run of the day though. Looks to be a bit wet today.

ssface
03-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Skiing on Tue was very good all over. Most everything was groomed.....a little firm in places but a wonderful blue sky, nice temps and very few people.
Very nice day!

highpeaksdrifter
03-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Sounds like a great day, thanks for the reports guys.

SKIdds
03-26-2008, 08:05 AM
... Since I didn't get to either I can't say for sure, but I suspect like Monday Upper Cloud and 10th Mtn weren't really open (even though listed on anticipated conditions)...

They were open. Upper Cloudspin all the way from hurricane allley and in good shape like a warm January ski day. Took 2 great runs on it, will say that Skyward was better run of the day though. Looks to be a bit wet today.
Good to hear they were open. I suspect conditions weren't much different up there yesterday than they were on Monday, when it was closed. I did ski the lower part of Upper Cloud on Monday from Upper Switchback down. Chunky and firm with some soft snow in the left side, firm edgeable crust with that hollow sound underfoot on the right. I'm sure it was nice once it softened up.