PDA

View Full Version : Sore Legs and a huge Grin

Phineas
02-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Ahhhhh... 2busy 2day 2gloat! buy....

we skyed every ledge and rock drop on the hill yesterday - some a couple times!! I was schocked - driving over only a couple inches through Wilmington, even in2 the parking lot it did not look like a big deal but turn the corner under the walk in entrance and Man alive it was piled up!

Huge piles on left side of northway - the wind blew everything on her to the left side and it was launch city!

Wilderness was waist deep early and often

Upper Mac and the ledge rock drop was pillow soft!

Upper Cloud - just hammering down the fallline w/ lots O face shots.

Mtn is back and cold temps for awhile.. this weekend will rock

glades were not skiable - well at least not if U rip through them - too much poking through - need more cover

freeheelwilly
02-08-2006, 01:05 PM
It was great day. Best so far this year. Thanks for slowin' down and lettin' me ski with ya'. 8) Can't wait for the weekend.

Phineas
02-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks for slowin' down and lettin' me ski with ya'. 8)

H stumbling to catch us in the last gondee was classic! Me gots some sorness in me ankle 2day! I'm a little bummed about my landing off the ledge on middle Mac! dumped too much speed and hit just shy of the pillow - I was tired...

freeheelwilly
02-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Ha! I forgot about that. He was real tired. He's gotta stop turnin' so much :wink: I should be sore after that digger I took at the bottom of Northway. I just rolled right over onto my feet and kept skiin' though - I wasn't about to miss the last gondi. Man, soft snow is soooo nice.

kyuss
02-08-2006, 03:24 PM
glades were not skiable - well at least not if U rip through them - too much poking through - need more cover

10th Mt. were comfy and soft as could be... check out pix on whiteface homepage link up top.

ski_newbie
02-08-2006, 03:40 PM
I am SO jealous! I'm looking out the window at barren, gray CT grass... not that there's a decent mountain within 2 hours to head to if we did get a dumping. (Sorry, still a little bitter about moving away from the white stuff I had in Upstate NY.) At least we can make a day drive to Hunter worth it this weekend! Can't WAIT for March... here's hoping the cold continues for your sake and mine. :o