PDA

View Full Version : Apple Butter Mogul Comp. This Saturday

highpeaksdrifter
03-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Lets get a list going:

I知 in.

I have not heard where they値l have it this year.

SKIdds
03-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Unfortunately I'm out this year. I don't get back from Taiwan until Friday, then we have opening weekend for Soccer.....it pained me to have to cancel the reservation I had at the Courtyard for Fri and Sat.

Hope to see you guys in the Slides sometime soon.

Skier 4 Life
03-31-2008, 07:30 AM
Lets get a list going:

I知 in.

I heard from a reliable source that it is expected to be held at the bottom of Boreen/Brookside... same place as 2 yrs. ago. I do believe that is when JackTheRipper took top honors in the 'adult' division... bad knee and all. :)

Best of luck to all of you who enter. I'm sorry that I'll miss it. :cry:

Face4Me
03-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Lets get a list going:

I知 in.

I heard from a reliable source that it is expected to be held at the bottom of Boreen/Brookside... same place as 2 yrs. ago. I do believe that is when JackTheRipper took top honors in the 'adult' division... bad knee and all. :)

Best of luck to all of you who enter. I'm sorry that I'll miss it. :cry:
I had read or heard somewhere that it would be held on Boreen also ... I think it may have been mentioned on one of the PodCasts.

I'm planning to be there ... as a spectator!!! :)

Good Luck HPD ... I'll join you for a celebratory beer afterwards!!!

tjf67
03-31-2008, 08:36 AM
I would like to enter but the slides will be open.

I think we should keep an eye on the weather and kick up the meat party this weekend

DUST BLASTER
03-31-2008, 09:56 AM
I am in. Its to bad S4L won't be around to enjoy it. The weather for the weekend looks sunny and warm of course that could change.

highpeaksdrifter
03-31-2008, 10:09 AM
I would like to enter but the slides will be open.

I think we should keep an eye on the weather and kick up the meat party this weekend

I was thinkin about the Slides being open during it. If thats the case I might try to work both in...guess it will be a game time decision.

Greg
04-01-2008, 08:09 AM
If the course is set up by Friday, will they allow the general skiing public to hit it?

highpeaksdrifter
04-01-2008, 08:14 AM
If the course is set up by Friday, will they allow the general skiing public to hit it?

Probably, but where you want to hit for bumps is Lower Mackenzie. It痴 both fun and challenging.

Greg
04-01-2008, 08:15 AM

Probably, but where you want to hit for bumps is Lower Mackenzie. It痴 both fun and challenging.

Are you going to be able to sneak out Friday?

highpeaksdrifter
04-01-2008, 08:18 AM

Are you going to be able to sneak out Friday?

Still not sure, I'll pm you one way or the other.

tjf67
04-01-2008, 08:45 AM
If the course is anything like I have seen in the past you wont like it. Where it is being set up(Borreen?) we wont be around much. High country glades had the best bumps in them last weekend. Lower mac will have bumps not sure what shape they will be in. The slides may bump up if enough people get in them by Friday.
Went Cross Country last night the snow was holding up decent.

Greg
04-01-2008, 08:50 AM
If the course is anything like I have seen in the past you wont like it.
Why is that?

Where it is being set up(Borreen?) we wont be around much. High country glades had the best bumps in them last weekend. Lower mac will have bumps not sure what shape they will be in. The slides may bump up if enough people get in them by Friday.
Went Cross Country last night the snow was holding up decent.
Cool. Maybe some snow for Friday?

tjf67
04-01-2008, 09:17 AM
They were bad bumps. Decent kicker( for me means small enough so I dont hurt myself)

I am hoping whatever is comming in Thursday blows south and we get sun. We might be skiing in a little rain in the afternoon. The snow will be good but our asses will be wet

Greg
04-01-2008, 09:20 AM
They were bad bumps. Decent kicker( for me means small enough so I dont hurt myself)

I am hoping whatever is comming in Thursday blows south and we get sun. We might be skiing in a little rain in the afternoon. The snow will be good but our asses will be wet

If it's not going to be bluebird and warm or a powder day, I'll take a rainy one. No problem there - I like soft snow. Sorry for the hijack, HPD - back on topic, good luck on Saturday!

highpeaksdrifter
04-01-2008, 01:31 PM
[quote=tjf67]If it's not going to be bluebird and warm or a powder day, I'll take a rainy one. No problem there - I like soft snow. Sorry for the hijack, HPD - back on topic, good luck on Saturday!

Thursday is suppose to be sunny in the high 40's, great Slides weather or just great spring skiing for that matter. Looks like you'll miss it by a day, but things could change it is the ADKs after all.

Adirondackskier
04-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Hey everyone,
Whiteface has moved the Apple Butter Competition to the bottom of Drapers Drop. The same location as last year.
See you there!
Bridget

highpeaksdrifter
04-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Well there is going to be no livin with Dust Buster now :wink: as he won the Men's Vintage Division (30 years old and up) for the second year in a row. Congrats to a great skier and good friend.

Other forum members of note:

HPD - 3rd
JackThe Ripper tied for 4th
MadSkier - 6th

tjf67
04-07-2008, 10:52 AM
While there is going to be no livin with Dust Buster now :wink: as he won the Men's Vintage Division (30 years old and up) for the second year in a row. Congrats to a great skier and good friend.

Other forum members of note:

HPD - 3rd
JackThe Ripper tied for 4th
MadSkier - 6th

Ripper got beat by the old man. Holy smoke Dr. nice job!!