PDA

View Full Version : March Signups

highpeaksdrifter
04-01-2008, 08:23 AM
We had 12 new members signup in March, but only one post out of the group. Those of us who are regular posters would really like to here from you. Let us know in you ski Whiteface or just looking for info, how often you ski ride, where you're from, etc. I guarantee you your post will be well received.

Cooper
part time local
Jackalope
dinozuvrukumiza
ytubek
SupaKats
fashikn
rostpribru
SkiingRoxMySox
Snowbeard
dumadegg
cjk

Greg
04-01-2008, 08:25 AM
We had 12 new members signup in March, but only one post out of the group. Those of us who are regular posters would really like to here from you. Let us know in you ski Gore/Whiteface or just looking for info, how often you ski ride, where you're from, etc. I guarantee you your post will be well received.

Cooper
part time local
Jackalope
dinozuvrukumiza
ytubek
SupaKats
fashikn
rostpribru
SkiingRoxMySox
Snowbeard
dumadegg
cjk

I'm going to guess that some might be bogus spam accounts. I get probably 50 registrations a day and most are obvious spam. I axe those, but if it's not clear, I give them the benefit of the doubt and activate the account. I know at least a few of these are legit though.

highpeaksdrifter
04-01-2008, 08:28 AM
We had 12 new members signup in March, but only one post out of the group. Those of us who are regular posters would really like to here from you. Let us know in you ski Gore/Whiteface or just looking for info, how often you ski ride, where you're from, etc. I guarantee you your post will be well received.

Cooper
part time local
Jackalope
dinozuvrukumiza
ytubek
SupaKats
fashikn
rostpribru
SkiingRoxMySox
Snowbeard
dumadegg
cjk

I'm going to guess that some might be bogus spam accounts. I get probably 50 registrations a day and most are obvious spam. I axe those, but if it's not clear, I give them the benefit of the doubt and activate the account. I know at least a few of these are legit though.

I didn't know that. How can I tell if they're spam accounts or not, or is that something only you can do from your end?

Greg
04-01-2008, 08:32 AM

Cooper
part time local
Jackalope
dinozuvrukumiza
ytubek
SupaKats
fashikn
rostpribru
SkiingRoxMySox
Snowbeard
dumadegg
cjk

I didn't know that. How can I tell if they're spam accounts or not, or is that something only you can do from your end?

Yeah, only I see them. Spam account are pretty obvious. Usually, it will include "USA" or some foreign country in the location field. Also, foreign Email addresses are a good sign. I can't imagine someone from Argentina wants to discuss Whiteface or Gore. :lol: Other times the usernames are obvious. It's a pain in the ass and unfortunately, sometimes legit accounts are deleted in the spam sweep.

Harvey44
04-03-2008, 03:56 PM
What advantage does a spammer get by "joining?"

Denison
04-03-2008, 04:08 PM
One would be seeing Memberlist with all the e-mails. here ain't many e-mails specified in SkiAdk's Memberlist though