PDA

View Full Version : Any Slides Pictures?

toofaraway
04-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Did anyone take any pictures while on the slides this year yet? I can't find anything.

tjf67
04-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Whitefacewilly has a nice vid of HDP in the slides but he cant play with us anymore

highpeaksdrifter
04-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Whitefacewilly has a nice vid of HDP in the slides but he cant play with us anymore

Yeah he can, he just doesn't want to.

I forgot to check my camera batteries before I got to the mountain on Sunday. I was mad at myself cause it was a perfect day for pics.

I know quit a few guys at WF and there are not alot of photographers there.

Greg and his crew at AZ have pics, viedo, soundtracks the works everytime they go skiing. We need a guy like that at WF. It's work for the guy doing the shooting, editing and uploading, but it would be cool to see after an epic Slide or powder day.

Greg
04-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Greg and his crew at AZ have pics, viedo, soundtracks the works everytime they go skiing. We need a guy like that at WF. It's work for the guy doing the shooting, editing and uploading, but it would be cool to see after an epic Slide or powder day.

I'm putting a Whiteface vid together when I'm up on Friday. It's fun and quite honestly, I try not to let the "shooting" interrupt the flow of the day too much. I can whip that little video cam out during a breather and grab video of guys pulling away, or sometimes I might ask the group to wait a bit as I head down first to film the others coming down. I've got the editing down so it only take a few hours especially since I don't get too fancy with them. Beyond that it's just waiting for the things to upload, but there's no effort there, just time.

Should be interesting since they are very few Whiteface vids that I've seen. And with tjf67 as the tour guide, we should get a pretty good feel for the mountain. I plan to make him an online celebrity whether he wants to be or not... ;) Just gotta hope the weather cooperates.

skimore
04-01-2008, 05:46 PM
[quote=highpeaksdrifter]
Should be interesting since they are very few Whiteface vids that I've seen.

thats because the conditions rarely warrant it

highpeaksdrifter
04-01-2008, 06:11 PM
[quote=highpeaksdrifter]

I’ve noticed some of these Gore guys have been kinda prickly toward Whiteface lately. I don’t want to see a forum civil flame war start. That would not be in anyone’s best interest and if things got out of hand enough might even result in the forum shutting down.

I myself have never written anything derogatory about Gore in this or any other ski forum, but one side can only be expected to take so much without hitting back.

skimore
04-01-2008, 09:44 PM
[quote=highpeaksdrifter]

I’ve noticed some of these Gore guys have been kinda prickly toward Whiteface lately. I don’t want to see a forum civil flame war start. That would not be in anyone’s best interest and if things got out of hand enough might even result in the forum shutting down.

I myself have never written anything derogatory about Gore in this or any other ski forum, but one side can only be expected to take so much without hitting back.

hardly a Gore guy.....I visit both places.....and being a little overly sensitive aren't we? And how many epic day powder reports do you see from either place?

Post em up

highpeaksdrifter
04-02-2008, 07:26 AM
[quote=highpeaksdrifter]

hardly a Gore guy.....I visit both places.....and being a little overly sensitive aren't we? And how many epic day powder reports do you see from either place?

Post em up

I refered to you as a Gore guy because I looked at your post history and most of them where on the Gore side of the forum.

As far as being overly sensitive, maybe, but I wasn't refering only to your post and I'm trying to stop a potential problem before it happens.