PDA

View Full Version : Slides Status?

SKIdds
04-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Since the conditions on the website and the snow phone don't say anything about the Slides, I was wondering what the status has been. Have they been open this week?

Planning on a trip up to ski them. Maybe Sunday or Monday. At this point I'm wondering if the assumption should be that they are open......or not. What do you think?

oldskibum
04-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Since the conditions on the website and the snow phone don't say anything about the Slides, I was wondering what the status has been. Have they been open this week?

Planning on a trip up to ski them. Maybe Sunday or Monday. At this point I'm wondering if the assumption should be that they are open......or not. What do you think?They were open yesterday and many people were in there, didn't try them personally, but looked to be good, and heard good comments. Hope this relieves your mind. haha

daboystipsheet
04-04-2008, 03:07 PM
A bluebird day with great conditions and lots of snow. The slides were not open and based on what I saw, I doubt they will reopen this year. Slide 1 had 90% ice down the waterfall with bands of snow that almost made it across the ice in a few spots - I could not pick out a line. Slide 2 and 3 each had areas that could not be skied with significant areas of solid ice. I made 2 trips to ski the slides this year and did not get to either time. You should still come if you ar elooking for great conditions with no lift lines and plenty of warm temps. The snow is holding up and the mountain itself contains enough challanging terian to make the trip with the drive.

joyparkway
04-04-2008, 04:18 PM
I skied most of the day yesterday (Thursday) and although I'm no expert on them, I can't imagine the Slides were any good. Conditions looked very iffy to me. The rest of the mountain however was GREAT. Blue skies and warmer temps really softened things up. Talked to a few people who skied the Slides in the approx. 45 minutes they did open yesterday and all claimed it was more work than it was worth.
On a positive note, all other trails were awesome and it snowed most of today which means they only got better. Slides may be what you're looking for, but in my opinion I think we're in for an amazing weekend on the rest of the mountain as well.

Face4Me
04-04-2008, 05:44 PM

Planning on a trip up to ski them. Maybe Sunday or Monday. At this point I'm wondering if the assumption should be that they are open......or not. What do you think?
It snowed most of the day today, around 2-3 inches up top, though it changed over to rain at around 3 pm. As for the slides ... it's hard to say ... I would think that there's a better chance for Sunday than Saturday, based on the current forecast. The clouds were pretty thick up there today, so it was hard to get a good look. As others have posted, the overall conditions on the mountain were pretty good today, so if you're looking to get a last shot in, I'd say come on up, and consider the slides a bonus if they open. There's still some great skiing to be had!

By the way, I had a great day with HPD, TJF67, MadSkier6 and a couple of others ... looking forward to meeting up with you guys again tomorrow and Sunday.

Dave L
04-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Glad to hear the mountain is in good shape! I am excited to make it up this year after my first trip last year same weekend. I chose Sunday and Monday as ski days and the weather looks to be fabulous!