PDA

View Full Version : What’s Your Favorite Slide?

highpeaksdrifter
04-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Before Sunday I thought it was 3, but Whiteface Willy and I found a line in 2 we both really liked. Lots of times I’ll come down the wider top part of 2 and when I get to the tree line cut over to 3 or the waterfall on 1. On this one run we decided to go into the trees and we found a nice steep narrow shoot that had great cover and was a blast to ski.

If it isn’t the steepest sustained section in the Slides I’d bet it’s one of them.

Xtremeskiier
04-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Most definatley slide 3. Usually has better snow when i have been on it. Two's def not bad tho. Anyone ever ski 5 or the one on the back of the face# 6?

Xtremeskiier
04-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Most definatley slide 3. Usually has better snow when i have been on it. Two's def not bad tho. Anyone ever ski 5 or the one on the back of the face# 6?

highpeaksdrifter
04-07-2008, 06:41 PM

I havn't done them. Here's a pic of 6.

http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/23340/1290362986026374966S500x500Q85.jpg

tjf67
04-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Depends on the conditions. I would say this year slide one gets my vote. The first run down sunday it was just a huck fest. The snow was perfect and the hits were big but not to big.

First run Sat I got first tracks

Face4Me
04-08-2008, 08:56 AM
After this weekend, I've now done one, two and three. I did one a couple of years ago, and two and three this past weekend.

One and two are pretty much the same to me. Great open snowfield at the top, with the waterfall for the finish, unless you cut over to three before the waterfall.

Three has the really tight start, but has an awesome finish.

As for a favorite, I think I actually liked three better, though I had a tough time in the narrow section at the top. Maybe with a little more snow and fresher legs I'd have less trouble with it.

Next year, if I get the chance, I'll head over to four ... didn't quite have the stones this weekend to deal with the tight finish, but after doing some of the other stuff we did this weekend, I think I would have been Ok.

SKIdds
04-08-2008, 09:45 AM
My favorite run in the Slides last year was top of Slide 2-cut left into the trees between 2 and 3. I skied 1, 2, and 3. They each have their plusses. 1 has nice wide open turns on a big snowfield and then the waterfalls to navigate. 3 has tight turns in the trees and some technical areas below through the rocks. 2 and left into the trees has a little bit of both.

Powderqueen
04-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Hey there...haven't been in this forum in a while, but I was up at WF last week and skied Thurs-Sun and had some super runs in the slides for my first time. I skied them all.

I loved 4, mostly because it has the best of everything...wide open soft corn (it softened first) and a fun tight run where it chokes down to the narrows, with a small waterfall that can be easily launched.

I also found that steep shot through 2 and thought it totally rocked.

Once slide 1 softened (it was closed on Thurs) it was sweet...wide open, then somewhat technical through the icefall.

I've alway like Whiteface in the spring, but find it somewhat limited in variety (compared to Gore) in mid-winter. But with the Slides, it was a whole nuther world. Just LOVED IT!!

We were going to ski Gore on Sunday, but with the slides at WF, it didn't motivate us to drive down there.