PDA

View Full Version : My First Trip to Whiteface

madskier6
04-07-2008, 10:57 PM
I had a great weekend experiencing Whiteface for the first time. Many thanks go to tjf67, highpeaksdrifter, face4me & the other guys I skied with on Friday & Saturday. You guys were great hosts & really gave me the grand tour. For those interested, here is a trip report I posted on AlpineZone with pics.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/26608-whiteface-april-4-5-2008-a.html

I'd love to get up there & experience the Slides before the end of the season. Unless they extend the season past Sun 4/13, it looks like I may have to wait until next year. Whiteface is a great mountain & I'm already looking forward to a return visit. Thanks again for the great experience!

Harvey44
04-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Great report mad, with nice pictures.

I'm also new to WF. Thinking of going Weds. I gather that it's never definite if the slides will be opened. Is there an indication somewhere on the website?

highpeaksdrifter
04-08-2008, 07:48 AM
This is a great trip report. Good job Madskier6.

highpeaksdrifter
04-08-2008, 07:50 AM

I'm also new to WF. Thinking of going Weds. I gather that it's never definite if the slides will be opened. Is there an indication somewhere on the website?

Sometimes they put it on the website, sometimes the snow phone, sometimes they open them up unannounced. Looks good for Wednesday based on the weather report.

tjf67
04-08-2008, 08:00 AM

Nothing but they will be open wensday if the weather is OK

Face4Me
04-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I had a great weekend experiencing Whiteface for the first time. Many thanks go to tjf67, highpeaksdrifter, face4me & the other guys I skied with on Friday & Saturday. You guys were great hosts & really gave me the grand tour. For those interested, here is a trip report I posted on AlpineZone with pics.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/26608-whiteface-april-4-5-2008-a.html

I'd love to get up there & experience the Slides before the end of the season. Unless they extend the season past Sun 4/13, it looks like I may have to wait until next year. Whiteface is a great mountain & I'm already looking forward to a return visit. Thanks again for the great experience!
Nice report Jeff, and great pictures. It was good skiing with you and looking forward to seeing you up at Whiteface again next year.

SKIdds
04-08-2008, 12:15 PM

My brother and I are considering a day trip tomorrow as well. Warm temps, $35 Coca Cola Wednesday (bring a can of Coke with you), soft spring corn...........and hopefully the Slides. I called the mountain today and spoke to guest services. Joe indicated that the Slides have been open all week so far, usually opening around 11:00/11:30 once they have softened. While that doesn't guarantee they will open tomorrow, so long as the temps warm up enough to soften the snow there is a very good chance. Forecast for tomorrow is for temps in the 50's again. so it looks good. Pretty much the whole mountian is open, so that will make for a great spring day on the slopes regardless.

highpeaksdrifter
04-08-2008, 01:24 PM

My brother and I are considering a day trip tomorrow as well. Warm temps, $35 Coca Cola Wednesday (bring a can of Coke with you), soft spring corn...........and hopefully the Slides. I called the mountain today and spoke to guest services. Joe indicated that the Slides have been open all week so far, usually opening around 11:00/11:30 once they have softened. While that doesn't guarantee they will open tomorrow, so long as the temps warm up enough to soften the snow there is a very good chance. Forecast for tomorrow is for temps in the 50's again. so it looks good. Pretty much the whole mountian is open, so that will make for a great spring day on the slopes regardless.

I wish I could make it tomorrow. As a matter of fact I wish I had this week off. What a great string of beautiful days with the Slides open.