PDA

View Full Version : How Many Perfect Spring Days Would You Like?

highpeaksdrifter
04-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Let me set this up. This past Saturday at Whiteface was one of those perfect spring days. Temps in the 70’s, sunshine and blue skys, great cover, big soft hero bumps, corn, no crowds, skiing in shorts and tee shirt, the ladies who’ve got it are flaunting it, pond skimming contest, party atmosphere on the decks, tailgate party in the parking lot when the lifts stop. It is a ski heaven on earth day.

So I ask a friend if you could pick your ski days to be anyway you want them how many would you pick like this? He says all of them. I ask another friend and he says this is great and all, but I like winter conditions best with 3 days like this at the end. I ask some more people and get responses in between, but more then I thought in the low range.

I like winter conditions too, but out of the 50-60 days I average a season I’d take 10 like Saturday. How about you and please tell us why.

BTW, I know it has to be cold to snow, this is just fantasy.

tjf67
04-21-2008, 12:03 PM
I would like spring skiing to start the last week in March and run through the second week in May. How ever many days that is.

Harvey44
04-22-2008, 10:25 AM
If I could hit 35 every year (a reasonable goal for me)...I'd take 5 days of perfect corn.

While corn is better than hardpack...the CHANCE for powder is pretty compelling.

Also I have this wierd psychological thing with melting snow...>I don't like it!

Face4Me
04-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Spring days are nice and all, however, my preference is for winter days ... I don't mind two or three Spring days each year, but that's about my limit.

By the way, who says you can't tailgate in January?!!!

http://www.postimage.org/aV2_qi8S.gif (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV2_qi8S)

snowman
04-22-2008, 07:30 PM
as many ski days as possible - spring or otherwise. One of best things about skiing is the different types of weather. Unfortunately, I sunburn. What a spring this was! Everyone does seem in a better mood when it is sunny.