PDA

View Full Version : now

Cliff
05-07-2008, 07:18 AM
I was heading up the Northway yesterday and I looked over at Gore, (just above Exit 25), and saw the snow on the upper mountain. It made me wonder if it would still be skiable? Not that I have any intentions whatsoever, (age 62), of hiking up, just curious. Anybody know if there's enough to get some turns?

Harvey44
05-07-2008, 08:35 AM
http://www.snowjournal.com/page.php?cid=topic13557

rossi
05-07-2008, 03:02 PM
rumor is usually the last trail to lose snow. friends of mine skied rumor late may early june last yr or yr before. but idk how it will be this yr since they didnt blow that much on rumor.

Adk Keith
05-08-2008, 07:02 AM
I was heading up the Northway yesterday and I looked over at Gore, (just above Exit 25), and saw the snow on the upper mountain. It made me wonder if it would still be skiable? Not that I have any intentions whatsoever, (age 62), of hiking up, just curious. Anybody know if there's enough to get some turns?

It's pretty much an annual thing for some of us. It's really not a bad hike. About 1/2 hour from the parking lot to the bottom of Rumor.

Harvey44
05-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Keith - when are you going to hit it. Any plans for Thomas the Train?

Adk Keith
05-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Harv,

I'm not sure how it's going to play out this year. Could be next weekend or more likely Memorial Day Weekend, but the star's have to align. This time of the year paddling gets in the way of skiing, which gets in the way of gardening, which get's in the way of camping, which gets in the way of paddling....wicked time of the year to coordinate activities!! Not to mention working on a rental house to get it ready for new tenants. :shock:

I am a HUGE fan of Thomas the Train but I think I will pass on it this year. :wink: (I think I'll stay the H377 out of Dodge, err, North Creek.)

Harvey44
05-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Harv,

I'm not sure how it's going to play out this year. Could be next weekend or more likely Memorial Day Weekend, but the star's have to align. This time of the year paddling gets in the way of skiing, which gets in the way of gardening, which get's in the way of camping, which gets in the way of paddling....wicked time of the year to coordinate activities!! Not to mention working on a rental house to get it ready for new tenants. :shock:

I am a HUGE fan of Thomas the Train but I think I will pass on it this year. :wink: (I think I'll stay the H377 out of Dodge, err, North Creek.)

I'm going to be up this weekend gettin in the wood for next year, so I thought if you were hittin it on Sunday, I'd join.

I mention Thomas, only because they ran Gondi rides last year, and I think some folks skied it.

Sounds like a busy dance card pardner.

Adk Keith
05-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Harv,

I'm going to be up this weekend gettin in the wood for next year, so I thought if you were hittin it on Sunday, I'd join.

I mention Thomas, only because they ran Gondi rides last year, and I think some folks skied it.

Sounds like a busy dance card pardner.

I also had heard that some rode the gondi with skis in hand. Cheaters!! :)

So busy the black flies hardly have time to bite !!

As of now my GF and I are planning on paddling Sun. afternoon after lunch with Mom, but it could change to skiing at a moments notice. Do you have a phone up here?