PDA

View Full Version : Yankees

Tsavolion
02-09-2006, 04:16 PM
It has been snowing ALL afternoon in LP.

Calamity
02-09-2006, 05:47 PM
Does anyone know what there is to do in wilmington during the warmer season. What the town is like. For example, is the town wealthy and snooty, or relaxed and friendly. Any insight would be helpful. - Thanks

Tsavolion
02-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know what there is to do in wilmington during the warmer season. What the town is like. For example, is the town wealthy and snooty, or relaxed and friendly. Any insight would be helpful. - Thanks

There is not a lot in Wilmington. There are a few restaurants and motels, a small general store and a gas station. During warmer season outdoor recreation would the main activity--hiking, biking, ausable river runs through, so there is kayaking etc. opposite of snooty. you want snooty, come to lake placid, 10 minutes away.

What are you thinking - comign for vacation--moving??

Calamity
02-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Im not looking for snooty, but im not looking for trashy either, just friendly......... and afordable. Is Lake Placid above mid class standards? And yeah im looking to move there, what do you think, is that a good idea? It all sounds good, are there fish in the river?

Tsavolion
02-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Im not looking for snooty, but im not looking for trashy either, just friendly......... and afordable. Is Lake Placid above mid class standards? And yeah im looking to move there, what do you think, is that a good idea? It all sounds good, are there fish in the river?

look into saranac lake.

Adirondackskier
02-14-2006, 02:20 PM
I have to say definitely look into Wilmington, it isn't trashy, awesome people and sooooo close to the mountian. Plus it is in the beginning of the Adirondack banabna belt, it is at least 10 degrees warmer in Wilmington/ Jay/ Upper Jay on average than LP or SL. It is way less snooty than LP and so much less expensive. The outdoors is abundant and the development is minimal. I moved to the mountains to have more land than I had in the city, unless your a multi millionaire you will have a hard time having that become a reality in SL or LP. Wilmington is so cool that they invite all new people that move to town to their annual New Comers at the Hungry Trout. The Trout picks up dinner for you and your family and about 75 -100 people from town show up to give their official Wilmington welcome. It is an awesome town, very active and really is the only town that has a world class mountain in their bachyard that has not been completely developed with condos.

Wilmington RULES!!!

Cute lodges and B&B's restaurants etc are also there......it is the best kept secret in the Adirondacks!!!!!!!

Tsavolion
02-14-2006, 03:47 PM
I have to say definitely look into Wilmington, it isn't trashy, awesome people and sooooo close to the mountian. Plus it is in the beginning of the Adirondack banabna belt, it is at least 10 degrees warmer in Wilmington/ Jay/ Upper Jay on average than LP or SL. It is way less snooty than LP and so much less expensive. The outdoors is abundant and the development is minimal. I moved to the mountains to have more land than I had in the city, unless your a multi millionaire you will have a hard time having that become a reality in SL or LP. Wilmington is so cool that they invite all new people that move to town to their annual New Comers at the Hungry Trout. The Trout picks up dinner for you and your family and about 75 -100 people from town show up to give their official Wilmington welcome. It is an awesome town, very active and really is the only town that has a world class mountain in their bachyard that has not been completely developed with condos.

Wilmington RULES!!!

Cute lodges and B&B's restaurants etc are also there......it is the best kept secret in the Adirondacks!!!!!!!

i'll agree, it is close to the mountain. its very nostalgic too. you'll feel like you are living in 1979.