PDA

View Full Version : What's your warm weather ride in the mountains?

SKIdds
05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Forget golf, I don't have time for that.

I am using the bike a bit more. The whole family is.

My ride is a Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo that I picked up (used) last year. Replaced the chain, but otherwise the bike is mint. Genesis frame hardtail, Manitou Magnum front suspension, Shimano Deore LX components. Thing is light as a feather. Only thing it doesn't have that I'd like is disc brakes, but I can always upgrade or look for those in my next bike. For now what I have suits me just fine. A lot of riding in the neighborhood with the kids, and a guy down the street has a dirt bike course set up on his property that he doesn't kick me off of. Lots of banked turns, jumps, ruts and a few hills. Haven't hit a lot of singletrack yet, but there are a couple of good areas by us that my brother and I will hit soon. There is a well known buffer zone around Stewart Airport, as well as some good trails in the Mohonk area.

My daughter just graduated to a mountain bike and I picked her up a Trek MT 220. She's loving it.

So what are you riding?

highpeaksdrifter
05-20-2008, 03:19 PM
I bought a 2007 Roubaix Elite Triple from Stiener's Sports about 2 weeks ago. Since it was last years model I got a good deal on it, plus a nice trade in on my Trek 1000.

Garrick, the owner, is my ski boot fitter. He fit me for the right size bike. The correct handle bar width, correct reach, seat hight, etc.,etc. As with boots it was time well spent. I've never been more confortable on a bike.

rossi
05-22-2008, 08:48 PM
i have an ironhorse maverik as of now and im saving up for a specailized demo 8 or something along those lines so i can race DH.

Harvey44
05-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I have no clue what any of the above is, or means. I've got a Kona Cindercone. Fill er up with regula.

Denison
06-09-2008, 01:46 PM
We just bought hybrid bicycle for my wife and it barely fits inside Honda Odyssey.

Any suggestions on a bike rack for the minivan with consideration that I do not want the roof-mounted one?
Could I reuse bicycle rack in winter for skis?

Thanks in advance..
Denis