PDA

View Full Version : Making snow

Son of Drifter
02-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Per the website they have the guns going on the following today

Paron's (outside of Sky and Cloud my fav from the top, good views)
Excelsior (getting ready for the madness, excepting a lot of buses this weekend, avoid this trail after 9am)
Upper & Lower Valley (building the base no doubt)
Borean (gotta keep the greeners happy, they pay too)
Brookside (keeping jibe nation happy)

Also looks like they groomed everything. Hopefully they'll be some crud in Cloud and the woods to ski.

62 trails and 8 lifts today. :twisted:

AdironRider
02-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Cloud could use a groom and some more snowmaing to even out that thin cover but otherwise Id have no complaints. Mt. Run should be awesome with all the snow they blew there on Wed.

freeheelwilly
02-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Cloud could use a groom No no NO!!!! (unless you mean LOWER Cloud) Leave it all cut-up. That shit's a blast! It's been cold - well below freezing. Somebody please tell me they haven't been in there with the groomers.

The entrance to Upper Cloud off Paron's was sket-CHY on Tuesday. Friggin' polished yellow ice! It was hairball cutting between the rope they set up and the wooden fence. Talked to one guy in the bar that couldn't make the turn and tatooed the fence! My last time through I saw that somebody had snapped the "WARNING - THIN SPOTS!" sign they had up. Hahahaha! But once you survived the entry, it skied like a dream. Edge to edge cut-up powder.

Son of Drifter
02-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Cloud could use a groom No no NO!!!! (unless you mean LOWER Cloud) Leave it all cut-up. That shit's a blast! It's been cold - well below freezing. Somebody please tell me they haven't been in there with the groomers.

The entrance to Upper Cloud off Paron's was sket-CHY on Tuesday. Friggin' polished yellow ice! It was hairball cutting between the rope they set up and the wooden fence. Talked to one guy in the bar that couldn't make the turn and tatooed the fence! My last time through I saw that somebody had snapped the "WARNING - THIN SPOTS!" sign they had up. Hahahaha! But once you survived the entry, it skied like a dream. Edge to edge cut-up powder.

There's another entrance about 50ft or so down that ever gets used. AdironRider Upper Cloud (Snowfields) should NEVER EVER be groomed. It's perfect in it's nature state. Such suggestions are considered blasphemous in some circles. I'm a turn the other cheek kind of guy but I just wanted to warn you so you don't say something like that in the Cloudspin lounge. :twisted:

freeheelwilly
02-10-2006, 02:34 PM
There's another entrance about 50ft or so down that ever gets used.

yeah, i know. that's where H Bomb was comin' in - mainly because he went to come in at the top and just kept slidin' by! :lol:

AdironRider Upper Cloud (Snowfields) should NEVER EVER be groomed. It's perfect in it's nature state. Such suggestions are considered blasphemous in some circles. I'm a turn the other cheek kind of guy but I just wanted to warn you so you don't say something like that in the Cloudspin lounge. :twisted:

Amen.