PDA

View Full Version : mountain update

snowman
06-09-2008, 08:11 AM
I stopped by the base lodge over the weekend. I didn't see any sign of the new lifts. It looks like they are running new water (drinking -not snowmaking) lines to Kid's Campus. I am not sure if this is water from Wilmington - I know Whiteface was supposed to get water from Wilmington, but am not sure if it is all worked out. Of course, these are all guesses. I was going to ask a woman in a Whiteface truck what was going on, but all she said was " You can't be up here." Ah, I was starting to miss that Whiteface hospitality! :-)

highpeaksdrifter
06-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I stopped by the base lodge over the weekend. I didn't see any sign of the new lifts. It looks like they are running new water (drinking -not snowmaking) lines to Kid's Campus. I am not sure if this is water from Wilmington - I know Whiteface was supposed to get water from Wilmington, but am not sure if it is all worked out. Of course, these are all guesses. I was going to ask a woman in a Whiteface truck what was going on, but all she said was " You can't be up here." Ah, I was starting to miss that Whiteface hospitality! :-)

It is for water from Wilmington so I've been told.

NPN
06-09-2008, 07:29 PM
I was going to ask a woman in a Whiteface truck what was going on, but all she said was " You can't be up here." Ah, I was starting to miss that Whiteface hospitality! :-)

That would be MT, Queen of Whiteface public relations. But, if misery loves company, you're definitely not alone in that experience.

snowman
06-10-2008, 07:44 AM
so does this mean that the toilets at the mid will flush next winter? :-)