PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Employment

kerovick
08-29-2008, 11:23 AM
The Wife and I are ready to relocate to Tupper Lake and both of us are looking for Job's. I do IT work such as supporting hardware, Windows, Office and networking. I've been in this field for 9 years and am currently employed as a Microsoft Analyst at Unitedhealth Care. My wife is a Graphic Designer with over 10 years of experience. We are looking primarily in the Tupper/Saranac/Lake Placid area. If anyone hears of anything that'd fit for either of us please sent me a PM. We have already found a house and are getting a contract together.

Thanks in advance!
Shannan

highpeaksdrifter
08-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Congratulations and good luck to you both in finding employment.

kerovick
08-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Thank, I appreciate it and look forward to being a local!

ComeBackMudPuddles
10-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Awesome! Congrats! And I'm jealous! Keep us updated, if you don't mind, to let us dream....

Denison
03-04-2009, 04:26 PM
How did it work out with employment ?

kerovick
03-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Not well, Only 1 bite. They were to call me at 4:30 for a phone interview, when they hadn't called by 5:30 I called them and the interview went well but I'm not relocating for a company that can't even keep an interview time. I know If it was the other way around the interviewer would have already thrown my resume away an hour after I was to show up for an interview.

Thanks for asking!

Ullr
03-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Not well, Only 1 bite. They were to call me at 4:30 for a phone interview, when they hadn't called by 5:30 I called them and the interview went well but I'm not relocating for a company that can't even keep an interview time. I know If it was the other way around the interviewer would have already thrown my resume away an hour after I was to show up for an interview.

Thanks for asking!

K, how familiar are you with the North Country? This is a common occurance up here so if you're moving up here you better get used to it. When I first moved up here I called a bunch of business to do some construction work to the house I bought and most of them didn't call me back and the ones who did called a month later. The snow plow guy I hired was suppose to show on a Friday, didn't call and just popped in on a Monday when I was walking out the door. Living up here is a whole different life. I would suggest renting to see if you like it. Rent is very cheap and if you buy a house and don't like it up here real estate just doesn't turn around for a quick relocation. If you buy get a multi family in Lake Placid so you can rent it out full time or to tourists. I only have a vacation home up here but wish I had rented for a year to really get to know the area better first. From my experience I would say that you and your wifes professions are not in that high of demand up here. Good luck and welcome if your set on the move.