PDA

View Full Version : West mountain Info

rudi15
09-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Hello again, everyone. My school's ski club does a bunch of trips to West mountain during the winter, in the afternoon. I have never been there before, and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what to expect. Conditions/Trails/Snowmaking/grooming etc. Thanks.

highpeaksdrifter
09-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Hello again, everyone. My school's ski club does a bunch of trips to West mountain during the winter, in the afternoon. I have never been there before, and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what to expect. Conditions/Trails/Snowmaking/grooming etc. Thanks.

Chaperoned my kids ski club there the last 3 years. Nothing much has changed since I was a kid. Lifts are old and slow, trails are short and boring, the lodge is a disgrace, and lift lines get long at night cause of the school groups.

On the plus side they do have some big time fan guns and they do seem to blow a lot of snow. Nice little terrain park with some big hits right under the double chair that goes to the top.

You should go with your school club, you’ll have a good time and since you’re new to the area you can make some new ski friends.

For daytime skiing head to Whiteface or Gore, that’s where the goods are.

rudi15
09-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Yikes. A summit DOUBLE? Holy crap. Not even a single HS Quad either. >< This could be a painful change from Sunday River......

rudi15
09-09-2008, 07:55 PM
How long is the summit lift ride? Do they stop often? And what kind of snow can I expect?

ComeBackMudPuddles
09-10-2008, 05:25 AM
It's a local ski hill (for better and for worse). Fine for afternoon/evening school trips. The terrain isn't inspiring, but it's perfect for learning.

The lifts generally take 5 to 10 minutes, from what I remember. Not fast, but the area's inexpensive and more than adequate.

St. Jerry
09-10-2008, 07:04 AM
It's not Sunday River. It's just a local ski area that's fine for a Friday night. Go out and have some fun with your friends there and enjoy it for what it is.